2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into getting involved in a few track days this year and next and have been thinking about getting a new set of wheels for this with track tyres.

Rota P1's and Rota Gr6's have stood out up to now. Also team dynamic pro race 1.2
Does anyone know what the weight of each wheel is in comparison to oem?

Im tempted to just buy a spare set of oem wheels as its cheaper, but if im going to see a big difference in unsprung weight and if the offset is better then its probably worth the extra money.

Are the 18 inch oem type r wheels et55?
I think the Rota gr6's are et48 and P1's et45, the team dynamics again 45

Does this mean that the et 48's stick out 7mm more and the P1's and 1.2's 10mm more.
Effectively giving you almost the same benefit as running spacers?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
You will need 18-8" et 40-45 these will sit nicely and give you a wider track. What tyres are you thinking of running? Fedral RSR's or Yokohama AD08's are very good used both myself.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You will need 18-8" et 40-45 these will sit nicely and give you a wider track. What tyres are you thinking of running? Fedral RSR's or Yokohama AD08's are very good used both myself.
Thanks for that. What's the 18inch-8 mean. I understand 18 inch rim but not the 8. I understand oem are 18-7.5. So whats the difference. ET40 will give exactly the same effect as 15mm eibach spacers wont they?

Not sure as yet cub. Have read reviews on the ad08's, but will probably do it in two stages. Get the wheels and then the tyres a couple of months afterwards.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if they are for track go with 17's imo for even less weight. all rotas lightweight wheels have the weight listed in the ad my 18x8 are about 8.5kg iirc against 11.5kg for oem ctr wheels and yes oem are et55
I like the idea of keeping the same size wheel so i can mix and match tyres rather than having two different size sets.
What et do you run on your 18-8.0's?

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
et40 they are off the car at the minute if you want to try one on
Might take you up on that. What wheels are you running? I know you had a set of P1's at one point in white?

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
18" round and 8" wide and running a et40 like you said is the same as 15mm spacers.

Pic of mine with a et45 and running AD08's :)

Looks great. Does running the 18inch-8 still allow you to run standard size tyres? 225/40/18? Id like the tyre size to be the same incase i ever fancy running the wheels for everyday use with normal tyres on

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Yes there the standard size. Only thing if you went for et40 and ran the ad08's you may get some rubbing as the tyre wall is very stiff and with an 8" wide wheel the tyre sit straight. Have you lowered your car? Mines running 15mm springs and catches sometimes on the front when heavy cornering on a bumpy road.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes iv lowered the car mine is also on 15mm springs. Perhaps the gr6's at et48 would be spot on then?? Giving me an extra 3mm of clearance?

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just get some standard wheels and use the money saved to do extra trackdays.
Fair point and an option. Unless I can pick up some Rotas second hand

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Yes iv lowered the car mine is also on 15mm springs. Perhaps the gr6's at et48 would be spot on then?? Giving me an extra 3mm of clearance?
The rota gr6s only come in one size, et 45,18x7.5j. They are not available in any other offset or width. They weigh 8.2kg each wheel.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.