2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, me and Lazy Trev are looking at doing a track day 2geva sometime this year, prob in the summer.

How much in total are we looking to spend? As i guess that a few have you have been on these before???

Our plan is to buy some part warn tyres for the day, guess we will need new pads after the day too! plus fuel expenses/track cost and maybe even insurance for the day too.

does £300-£400 quid sound about right? (eeeeeekkkkkkkkk) :rolleyes:

Thanks, Dean

·
Registered
712 Posts
I do bike trackdays, depending on the circuit and time of year cost is £50 to near on £200. Fuel I use about 30 litres on a 600cc bike and that is about 100 miles. No idea what a car would be like on tyres but I'd expect to kill a pair of front tyres at the least, bike tyres do 3-4 days.

Have a look at UK Trackdays - Car and Bike Track Days at Racing Circuits across the World to get an idea of the cost of the day (don't book through this site though go to the actual TDOs site). On the TDO (Track Day Organiser) site they will have info about what you need and should expect.

Enjoy ;), I'll be at Oulton Park 22nd Feb for my first trackday of the year :D

·
Registered
676 Posts
I did already trackdays.
If you drive smooth (but still fast) with little under/oversteer you won't get much problem with the tires.
Road tires are (relative) hard compund you can not kill them quick.

Worst is for the brakes. But still lasts long. You don't have to replace them after one trackday.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do bike trackdays, depending on the circuit and time of year cost is £50 to near on £200. Fuel I use about 30 litres on a 600cc bike and that is about 100 miles. No idea what a car would be like on tyres but I'd expect to kill a pair of front tyres at the least, bike tyres do 3-4 days.

Have a look at UK Trackdays - Car and Bike Track Days at Racing Circuits across the World to get an idea of the cost of the day (don't book through this site though go to the actual TDOs site). On the TDO (Track Day Organiser) site they will have info about what you need and should expect.

Enjoy ;), I'll be at Oulton Park 22nd Feb for my first trackday of the year :D

Thanks for the info, i will take a look

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Hi all, me and Lazy Trev are looking at doing a track day 2geva sometime this year, prob in the summer.

How much in total are we looking to spend? As i guess that a few have you have been on these before???

Our plan is to buy some part warn tyres for the day, guess we will need new pads after the day too! plus fuel expenses/track cost and maybe even insurance for the day too.

does £300-£400 quid sound about right? (eeeeeekkkkkkkkk) :rolleyes:

Thanks, Dean
Dean,
Go on to the website Hondas-On-Track - Tracking your Dreams! they have trackday events that you can go on for a low cost considering what others charge. I'm thinking of one myself, got a bid on some spare wheels and tyres ready for the warmer weather. :)

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Can you imadgine filling out the insurance claim form . As i took Beckects flatt out i lost the back end & drifted in to the tyre wall. :rolleyes:

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
I live about 15 miles from Oulton Park and work about 2 mile away from the track.
Maybe it'll read something like this,

"While i was overtaking a tractor, an old dear pulled out from her driveway on Eaton Road, (This happens to be up the road from Oulton) so i had to help our local council by cutting the grass on the verge. :D

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
I was thinking of doing one of these;

R track

£248 seems quite cheap and no wear and tear to worry about as It's their CTR!

(No I don't work for them!)
Good find, i'll be looking into this with great interest, Thanks

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
What a great idea!

Where's Doddington?

"Butter wouldn't melt in her mouth,

......or anywhere else!"
Not sure if you are being sarky Charles but Donington is just off the M1 at Junction 23a/24 (close to East Midlands Airport/Kegworth)

HTH

Dylan

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I like the Stunt driving one, that looks fun.

I'm considering one of those trackdays as a treat to myself.

Tom

1 - 20 of 27 Posts