2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a trackday with my R for the first time. Car is bone stock, except the pads, which I replaced recently with Cossie Streetmasters, thanks to TDI.

Here's the track: Euro-ring

Trackdays are not common here, I personally drove once on a racetrack. I asked my dealer's employees (some friends) wether they want to come along with their own cars (Integra, s2000) but they refused saying that it can cause serious harm to tyres, pads, clutch and suspension. But I don't believe it.

The event would take 3 hours, not full driving, of corse, and I don't plan to drive like crazy, just enjoy the safe and smooth track and the R's potential, advancing my driving skills.

Do you think it can cause any harm to my car? What should I look for? How should I prepare?

Thanks, mates!

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Morning matey!

It's not a case of 'harm'

It's just additional wear is all, if you drive within the limits of the car, the track and most importantly yourself; you'll be fine and the car will be fine

Just drive steady and consistantly without screaching the tyres (locking up,understeer or oversteer)
Brake smoothly, no jumping suddenly on the brakes to try to outbrake a saxo :p

And you'll have a great day out!
Oh, and it's addictive ;)

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
hi mate,

I would say the most major upgrade you could have got was upgrading your pads.

However i believe, without braided lines you may well feel like your brake pedal becomes a bit mushy as your pads over heat.

I think with any trackday the most important mods for your car is braking and suspension.

Just don't go mental and you should be ok :)

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
It causes increased wear in pads, tyres etc. The R is made to be driven hard. On a full track day you may use up your tyres but this is just general running of track days.

Make sure you keep an eye on your oil level throughout the day, once you have been out on track when you return to the pits do NOT apply your Handbrake just leave it in gear and switch off.

You may want to invest in some braided brake lines and some better fluid if this is standard too. Just have a great day.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thank you for pointing the track. I may go there someday.
Change your motor oil and brake fluid before that only do you good.

As any working mechanism, car also has the wear and track is extensive work-extensive wear. Harm will be only if you go creasy with your car.

·
!-!
369 Posts
It causes increased wear in pads, tyres etc. The R is made to be driven hard. On a full track day you may use up your tyres but this is just general running of track days.

Make sure you keep an eye on your oil level throughout the day, once you have been out on track when you return to the pits do NOT apply your Handbrake just leave it in gear and switch off.

You may want to invest in some braided brake lines and some better fluid if this is standard too. Just have a great day.
Just curious. Why no handbrake?

Sent from my iPhone 6 *tester* using TapaTalk

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts

+1 Also if you have your geometry set up properly you will have more fun, have a cool down lap check your oil, check your oil then give your oil a quick check :)

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Dont smash around the track on your first lap, your tyres will be cold and the last thing you want is to end up eating gravel in the first 5 mins. Check tyre pressures and adjust between sessions as hot tyres will be a fair few psi above the norm. The rest has been covered, enjoy :)

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again. It seems that our team will consist of my R, a friend's 1.8 Sport and another friend's Focus tdci :) There's a chance that no other will be on track, that would be fun. I'll post pictures :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts