2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am wondering what arrangements anyone has made with regards to Security & Tracking devices for their Type R's, Which is best suited to the car itself ect.

I am still saving up to get one and living in Greater Manchester I want to basically arm the one I get to the back teeth !!

I am currently making previsions for those sunken bollards & a CCTV camera at the back of my house and also the usual in car non thatcham stuff ie pedal & steering locks, I want to make the car as unappealing as possible for a theif to try to nick or if they are intent on doing so, at least make it a right ball ache !!

Cheers,

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
TBH, if they want it they'll get it, by making it so "locked up", they are liable to break in to your house to find the keys. However, your insurance will thankyou though for the security, can I suggest a shackle set in concrete and then chained through the wheel, like a motorbike/caravan would, that would screw them. Also, any kind of immobilizer will halt their progress somewhat, try Blackjack, they are good, but annoying.

Tom

·
Registered
716 Posts
Have you thought about a 6in LCD screen in your back window with JC's review on loop?

Seriously though as said if someone wants it they will take it, just the free common sense stuff of being careful where you leave it and the measures you've already mentioned.

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
heard of surface to air missiles?
you need the latest version - spaceship to thieving scum missile.
it gets me so angry when people like the OP have to go to extra lengths to feel that there car is safe because of idiots who cant/are to lazy to get a job and work hard like the rest . grrrrr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts