2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just being to get my tracking checked, and they confirmed my suspicions that it was well out.

Anyway I told him to get it sorted but when he put it on the ramp, he said he couldn't do the back, only the front, as unlike the EP3 it was impossible to re track.

This was the first FN2 he had done, and its the first time I have had the tracking done on this car.

Can this be right? Ive never heard of a car that cant be fully re-tracked before?

Any help/answers much appreciated.

·
I-VTEC everyday ;)
562 Posts
you will need to fit shims to do the rear alignment, ask ABP about them

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shims? Sorry mate gizza clue.

Just seems weird that a car cannot be taken to a garage and get tracked like all my other cars that I've owned.

Hows everyone else got on?

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Shims? Sorry mate gizza clue.

Just seems weird that a car cannot be taken to a garage and get tracked like all my other cars that I've owned.

Hows everyone else got on?
a lot of cars are a bit more complicated to do the rear track on and quite a few are shims as the fn2 is this is because once done it is very rarely it go out again...:)

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Take it to your local Honda dealer to be tracked. A tyre company tracked mine and it was out and they couldn't get it back to how it should be, Honda sorted it no probs

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
I don't know what you've been quoted for tracking.

If I were you I would seriously consider a fast road set up from the likes of TDI or ABP. it will transform the handling of your car for £300 approx and will make it adjustable for the future.

FRS is how it should be not the average effort that Honda mass produce.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts