2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just wondering if the mk 9 is better than the mk 8, common faults, engine, handling. Does any one have any opinions? No issues with my mk8 so I'm unsure what to do in general. Does the mk 9 come with hid lights as standard or what trim level include them?

Thank you ??

·
Administrator
21,100 Posts
Changing from the 8G to the 9G was the best move I made.

Smoother, quieter and I've had no problems.

I found the 8G suspension too hard and the front door handles too stiff.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK great. Thanks for the input. Do any of the mk9 come with hid as standard? I like the face-lift model with the dlr in the headlights if that helps you ?

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
My 2014 pre facelift has Factory HID (Bi-Xenon) - it is the EX Plus (and I think the only model to have it at that time), not sure but I think some of the facelifts were LED?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What years did the facelift models come in? I like the ones with the dlr in the headlights as per that generation type r rather than by the bottom front skirt? Sorry I've tried to find info online but I can't seem to pick it out. ??.

·
Registered
333 Posts
On the facelifts (for 2015 cars at least) only the EX had LED lights.

At that point the range was S, SE+, SR and EX in that order

My SR only has standard halogens which are adequate although not amazing

It does have the DRLs integrated into the headlamps which I think is standard across the range

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ahhh, I think that because I was looking at Tourers there were only the 4 levels of trim I mentioned. The hatchbacks must have had Sport and possibly other models in the line up too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts