2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. Hope this question doesnt break any forum rules.

Off to local dealer on Sunday to check out the 2015 Civic with a view to a PCP deal.

Trade in my current S type. Petrol Sept 2010 60 plate. Cerulean Blue. 46 k Couple of mods - Type r wheels, wind deflectors, fog light covers. Full service history ( last one at local trusted garage near me ) Like to think its in good overall nick.

Any thorts re a fair trade in offer. Any replies much appreciated.

Thanks in advance John

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Diesel or petrol? I don't think mods will add any value and may detract, you may want to sell separately and put the car back to standard.

·
R-398
702 Posts
Take a look on wise buyers for a rough guide. Of course what you are offered will depend on the value of the car you want. Wind deflectors and fog light covers won't add anything. Might be able to haggle a few quid regards your wheels but if you had the originals you could sell them on privately for a better return.

Adjust the settings to truely reflect your car and again, it's just a guide.
WiseBuyer's Guides - Honda Civic (2009-12) mileage adjusted used car prices

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Id be interested in the wheels if you do go back standard, ive got a 2011 type s with original wheels that have just been refurbed.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the updates and links guys. Very imformative. Nice bit of Ammo for my dealer visit on Sunday.

Martin. Watch this space re alloys. Mine have a few dings on them FYI . Would need to confirm procedure with forum Mods if this turns into an option.

Regards to all John

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update time. Just been to the dealer and afraid the usual plus and minus results.

Plus points. -- Test drove the SE Plus 1.4. Very impressed. Lovely ride and a switch back to a 1.4 power unit, I'm more than happy with.

Minus points. -- No Start button. LOL Handbrake is passenger operated ??!! I'm joking but very peculiar positioning.

Main gripe, as usual, is the part ex offer on my current CTS. Watch this space.

John

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
find out what you think is a Honda dealer seller price take £1000-£1500 off and aim for that, if they offer you less then say what you think is fair and negotiate. When I traded in the FN2 last year it had a 13months mot (done by the dealer the week before) 33k on the clock and was a 5 years ols and to be fair mint, they offered £8500 PX I said I though £9k was about right and they agreed to this and sold the car for £10k 2 weeks later ;)

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for that info Rick. Looking at the link earlier in this post from Yasuraka, looks like a dealer trade in figure is about 7.5 k. Selling price 9K ???
I've been offered 6k as she stands now with the R alloys etc. Even webuyanycar.com - yes i know -Yawn - may well give me 6K At a push I would let it for £7 but would be happier with £7.5 goes without saying.
I'm not counting any Honda payment contribution etc, as thats a completely seperate part of the negotiations.
Poker face is on.

John

·
Registered
408 Posts
Patrols are out of favour at the moment and supply is high compared to diesels. If you push them u might get another £500 but if the car is in good condition I would sell it private.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
PM me if you want to sell your FN2 alloys please!

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Id be interested in the wheels if you do go back standard, ive got a 2011 type s with original wheels that have just been refurbed.
Ive posted a wanted thread with regards to the wheels if this does become an option for you and you want to take it further with me.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello Martin. I've been able to strike a deal for a new motor. This includes a trade in with the current alloys staying on my S Type. Hope you have success with your wanted ad. The set on my car do have a few knocks and scrapes. Another refurb would have been on the cards if we had gone forward with this.

Regards John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts