2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An offer's come up to trade up my 2.5 yo CTR GT with a Toyota GT 86. My mileage is very low (just broke the 9,000 mark recently)

Any point? They appear to be roughly the same performance-wise and the features are basically the same too.

It'll cost about £90 pm more over 3 years. Trouble is with Honda, I can't buy another CTR now (and if I did, it'll probably be about the same a month as the GT 86) and I don't like the CRZ, which seems to be their current 'sports'.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Never seen one in the flesh but they do look nice in the photos. Good reviews too.

I'd be tempted and I think the Toyota will hold its value quite well, its rare.

What's wrong with your FN2? Why do you want to trade for new? - Mod it!:)

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Toyota is RWD with great chaasis & steering (from reports) and looks to be a lot of companies with mods, do it!

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
The reviews are good and it will hold value and if you dont like it there is always the next gen CTR that you can come back to...I would give it a go

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
They look very supra'ish, pretty cars. Yes similar performance and perhaps a not as track focused. Will probably make a better daily drive.

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
The Toyota or the Subaru version will be my next car, especially if they do end up doing turbo TRD or STi versions.

Watch this and tell me you don't want one...

·
Registered
905 Posts
I can't see this Gt86 holding it's value like it's predecessor. They look ok but nothing special, not like the concept but then again not many cars look like there concept. Think toyota had to raise the front of the car to meet pedestrian safety. Don't expect better interior materials or anymore torque than your type r either. Shame they never brought a turbo version out and lowered the co2's but would have given tuners a cheap way for easy power.

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
Test drive it and see. I think they are brilliant looking cars and I have had my eye on them throughout development, but the performance is underwhelming.

When they release a 300hp version I will probably get one. :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
Watch the video!

Harris drives all sorts of exotica, he owns a Porsche GT3 RS for example, but just look at how excited he gets about the car!

Like he said it's not all about adding more power or more grip, it's about fun.

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
I didn't even know they were going ahead with production...

Looks good, and with a flat 4, should sound great too.

Why not - go for it! :cool:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow! Thanks for the very enthusiastic replies! Didn't think I'd get this from a Honda forum.

Defiantly going to have a test drive, just hope my golf clubs fit in the boot,a nd the kids car seats in the back.

I'll update on my progress.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts