2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again guys, when at about 1500 - 2000 rpm with the clutch up there is a heavy metallic rattle/vibration which goes away when I depress the clutch pedal so I dont expect its anything to do with the engine side of things. Has anyone had a problem with the springs in the friction plate being loose or have any starting place for me to look. Thanks in advance for the help

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Hi again guys, when at about 1500 - 2000 rpm with the clutch up there is a heavy metallic rattle/vibration which goes away when I depress the clutch pedal so I dont expect its anything to do with the engine side of things. Has anyone had a problem with the springs in the friction plate being loose or have any starting place for me to look. Thanks in advance for the help
petrol or diesel?

·
more torque than the mrs
6,636 Posts
Would be good if peeps put that sort oif stuff in their profile. Saves asking.0:)
one of the reasons I never replied, i had to take a quick look at his profile and found he had a type r so my reply wouldn't have mattered anyhow ....

·
more torque than the mrs
6,636 Posts

·
Derv Driver
444 Posts
My thrust (release) bearing went, I had the clutch, pressure plate and release bearing replaced two days ago- similar symptoms with the exception that the rattle happened when there was no load on the engine/gearbox ie. when the car is idling in neutral with the clutch up and it went silent when stepping on the clutch pedal. So I'm not 100% sure, but it would be one of the things I would look at as a possible cause.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry guys still a bit of a noob on the site I'll change it. The fault has been cured with a new clutch kit as I previously had a tambourine as a friction plate causing the rattle thanks for the input

1 - 10 of 10 Posts