2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people!

So, I never took my dog out in my old EP3 because a)loved it too much to get hairs in, and b) there was a huge subwoofer in the boot which meant it was a bit impossible.

But now that i've got an FN2, it has a bigger bootspace with no sub, and i think i owe it to my dog (kano) to take her different places.

Has anyone got any solutions or tips on how to do this? Thought about maybe making a fitted vinyl/towel/shower curtain lining to the boot, that could be tucked in the spare wheel bit when not in use?

By the way, here's a picture of my little husky/collie, Kano.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Not sure if it would fit in a civic but I've heard of folk buying a patio set cover and cutting one side off. that way it protects three sides and the floor. would just be a case of finding something similar size to the civic boot.

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
What about folding the back seats up, and just throwing a blanket over everything? (or a few blankets)

Been considering doing this with my dog.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You could buy one of those tray things, which cover all the boot. Have a look under the accessories bit on the Honda site

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got a tray in the boot of my CTR, bought it form eBay (genuine Honda) and that works a treat when I take my dog out.

PS lovely looking dog you've got!

GENUINE HONDA CIVIC BOOT LINER TRAY 2006> | eBay
Thanks, I'll probably invest in one of those tray things. But I'll also try to do a bit of thinking on how I can protect the sides/backseats from dirt and hair.

As for the other solutions posted above, I honestly think my dog could outrun my CTR (she's ridiculously fast!), and there's no way she would get inside a cage!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got a liner from www.carmats4u.com for my Civic - £25 plus postage and am delighted with it. I am a recreational sea angler and it protects my boot floor against any possible fish goo etc. and wet gear! Also, I travel a lot and frequently have to leave my car in public car parks (airports etc.). I leave my sat. nav. (and any other valuables that I don't want to travel with me) in the empty spare wheel well and, as it is covered by the tray boot liner, to any thief the boot appears to be empty (unless they are aquainted with Civics.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
  • Bootliner - the one with the raised lip
  • Foam Mattress - with washable cover
  • 2nd. parcel shelf - hole for dog's head
  • Side drapes - attached to 2nd. shelf
Hey presto ! ..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey presto ! ..
Don't quite understand this post?

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
I`ve got a bootliner with an anti-slip middle from ebay and put an old bed sheet over back of rear seats, that works for me.

And this is the kind of things that my dog does!:(

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I`ve got a bootliner with an anti-slip middle from ebay and put an old bed sheet over back of rear seats, that works for me.

And this is the kind of things that my dog does!:(
hahaha i love that!

Mine lies in mud too when she's had a runabout and gets hot.

Idea for new thread, Post your dog pictures!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Hey presto ! ..
Don't quite understand this post?
I was a bit cryptic :cool: ...

The boot liner with the lip, not the flat type : a piece of foam cut to fit on top, with a removeable \ washable 'slip-cover' : a 'spare' parcel shelf, with a hole cut \ trimed in the middle, large enough for the dog to put its head through for view and air, but not so big that a muddy animal can get into the car itself : cloth drapes fastened to the front and sides of the shelf, to protect the rest of the boot from dirt and hairs ...

I once actually saw an old Golf with that parcel shelf solution - world's biggest "nodding head dog" ! ...

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
"2nd. parcel shelf - hole for dog's head"

Love it-how funny would that look for people walking past at traffic lights!!!

Just had my two German Shepherds in my boot for the first time on Sunday, granted I suffered a bang to the head just hours before which is probably why I agreed to take them.

I just did the blanket over the seats method and gave boot a quick vacuum out straight after-job done

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I have given up as our little Westie is more important to us than the cars and has the run of them.
That said, my wife has trained him pretty well, so he sits or sleeps pretty well on long trips, with the occasional look out of the windows.
He hasn't done any damage to the cars when left on his own, not even a scratch.
We have a waterproof cover directly over the rear seats, followed by a duvet.
I do like my "Whistle & Flutes" though, so the hairs are a pain, :- I put my suit jackets in a zip up cover in the boots and keep a clothes brush in the cars.
A small price to pay for a little chap we love so much.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I use a duvet tucked over the seats. Must admit though, whilst my dog is large (Greyhound), she's very prissy, hardly sheds (And she has dark fur), and also very chilled so quite easy to transport.

I also have a bootliner from B&Q which is made of woven plastic cloth stuff - It'd probably stop a muddy dog from soiling the boot

:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts