2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After splitting with the mrs of 2 years and allocating £8000 for an american roadtrip and engagment ring I drove past my local Honda dealer (next door to my house) and spotted a Silver Type R 07 plate for £8995 with 27000 miles on the clock with one owner from new, FSH and 19" honda alloys.
Took it for a testdrive and immediately bought it with a chunk of my allocated £8000, traded in my 55 plate 2.2ctdi and got £4000 :)
Its now sat outside and i've got a christmas morning grin :p
Because i'd only driven it and seen it during the day you can imagine my suprise last night when I opened the door and the footwells glowed in a red ambient light...AWESOME!!
Roll on weekend when I can have some fun on the roads (speed limits obeyed of course).
After driving the car for a full day I can now appreciate how you all rave about the car and how brilliant it is and i'm happy to be part of the team that owns one, Amen!

p.s - sorry for length :)

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Congrats! Sorry about the missus but the Type R will never complain ;)

Enjoy it! And get some pics up in the gallerie section or it never happened!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys :) every cloud indeed :cool:
This brings a smile to my face much more than she did and it's always happy to see me lol!!
Pics to follow asap :D

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
The Type R will only moan at you when you put your foot down. ;-) But you'll enjoy it.
Glad to hear your enjoying it why not treat yourself. ;-)

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Deffo cooler with Rages on, I was going to change mine but I like them too much. ;-)

·
World Traveller
1,814 Posts
Very nice mate :)

Can garuntee every one who has seen this is waiting for you to blow the rest of your money making it look good and stupidly fast ;) I know I am :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agreed, does look good even though the ride is a little harsh....but I love that aspect as well! :D
First thing im going to do is get the brakes upgraded, feel a tad underpowered for the capable speed and handling of the car. Probably not been used very much in the past though, 51 year old man had it from new and only did 27k in 5 years....im going out in it now to have some fun :p
Thanks for all your replies, this forum is now my homepage as I recon i'll be spending a lot of time on here when i'm not hitting 8500rpm!

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Congrats.

Eibachs and FRS are a good combo if you want to reduce the crashiness of the ride.

..... don't worry chap, we'll spend the rest of your money ;)

·
Registered
905 Posts
When I got my ctr that was the first observation about the brakes. Good discs pads and lines will soon sort them, also won't get as much brake dust too. Enjoy the car and forum

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Haha i can see that left over cash dissappearing very quickly!

Congrats on your purchase, car looks great - enjoy! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts