2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Initially found a very poor mid-range and the top end is too high. These settings helped out allot:

Trebble: -3
Bass: +2

Now there is a lack of bass, but increasing the bass reveals an unpleasant bass so I do not increase it.

What are the recommendations from extremely low-cost view? Speeker, accustics or amp? I am not a bass music guy, I like mid-range (Tannoy, Miranz sound), and listen to talk radio lots with only the occational tune, but the bass even for me is poor when the car picks up speed there is no grooving of bass guitars.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Apparently the standard speaker are good, I found playing CD's is better steaming music but as you say find the bass week. So I fitted and In Phase USW10 300W active underseat subwoofer which has help greatly.
Most are fitting double din head units which seems to improve the sound quality on the standard speaker.

Reactions: johandesilva

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Even on the 9G Bass seems to be the limiting factor - I've got it up a couple of notches at the moment, but anything more or a loud bassy tune (Pounding EDM anyone? :D ) gives doorcard rattling vibrations.

I wouldn't mind adding a sub, but I'm not so sure I'd want to pull apart the interior for it. How did you find the install for the under seat on the 8G?

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I wouldn't mind adding a sub, but I'm not so sure I'd want to pull apart the interior for it. How did you find the install for the under seat on the 8G?
If I’m honest, a bitch. Getting a route through the firewall for a start for the power lead and then centre consul out to feed power to back of car. Then finding the correct speaker wires to connect it to the high side as there is no aux in and out from the stereo.

Having said that, it wa worth it. >:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts