1,589 Posts
Nooo! I'm truly sorry :(:(
Damn trees !
What about the insurance?
Hope you solve it quick

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
I cant even describe how I would feel if I found a tree lying on my car!

A four letter word beggining with F would be a start

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
Hmm, I wonder whether whoever's tree it was has home insurance, and whether it would cover such an eventuality...

Not brilliant though mate, do you know the extent of the damage?

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
Thanks for putting the pics on the site. I can imagine you are not happy!

Any news on the insurance front?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the support everyone.

I was speechless for about half an hour after I first saw it and then a few four letter words did come up. Still can't believe it has happened.
It turns out that the reason the tree fell was that it was in fact dead and decided to fall just when my car was parked in front of it.

After speaking to one of the neighbours, it turns out the tree has been dead for some time and no one has been bothered to cut it down. I'm still trying to sort the mess out as the problem is that the tree seems to have been on the border of two properties. Will just have to wait to hear what my insurance company are going to do.
Luckily, if you can call it luck, is that the tree was not that big and pierced the windscreen and damaged both front wings and bonnet. Also, I had booked a dent man to remove a couple of dents on the front wing, but now it will all get sorted out by the insurance. In the meantime I have the use of a Toyota Aygo whilst the Civic is in the car hospital.

HappyMan, any news on the scratches to your car?

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
Thanks for the support everyone.

HappyMan, any news on the scratches to your car?
I got the insurance quote yesterday which is a million miles from the actual cost so off to the dealer today to get them to sort it out for me. They will now take over negotiating with the Insurance Company - which is fine with me :)

I hope you get your car back soon tygerbill!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts