2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Don't know if anyone can help but my Civic EX is now 3 years old and my brother has just got a brand new one, looking at his SatNav he has a lot on there that i dont so asked if I could see if it worked in my car we tried it. All seems ok but when I put my old 3 year old disc back in it says something like "The firmware for this device is newer than the disc" and just sits there?

I've read here that you should be able to re-flash the old disc, anyone know how its done?

Also, anyone know if there is a place on the internet where you can see the price of newer discs as i might go for one anyway, depending on the price?

Thanks in adance
Mike

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry fixed it can't workout how to delete my thread.

I forgot about the old 3-fingered menu on the SatNav select version then download... all is fine again now!

Mike

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Thanks for the reply yes that was the method I used (phew!) Was trying to work out what extras (if any) he gets over me. He has a Type R with a SatNav and his comes on 2 discs over my one. Also, noticed his blue tooth phone stuff comes up on his dashboard with who's calling phone book import etc.. These options are also selectable under the "info" tab on the sat-nav. I know that it includes a firmware update but am not exactly sure what you get for your buck other than newer maps?

Thanks again
Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Presumably telling you who is calling etc only comes up beacuse his car is teh latest 2009 model, not because it is a newer disk? Is that correct?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah thanks, in the end I emailed Honda and they confirmed that the newer sat nav discs just update the software and maps for the satnav nothing else. Shame as it's sooo much nicer to see whos calling when the phone rings :cool:

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
can you upgrade the pre 09 honda with a sat nav unit from a 09 one? and have all the new features?
or is there anyway of getting the number of whos calling you with a Dension gateway or other device

1 - 8 of 8 Posts