2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a nice ride yesterday to Athens and my friend put his GPS on and it showed about 7-8 km slower 245km is what we saw but the GPS said 238. Of coarse it did have more juice to give.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Went for a nice ride yesterday to Athens and my friend put his GPS on and it showed about 7-8 km slower 245km is what we saw but the GPS said 238. Of coarse it did have more juice to give.
there are several threads regarding the accuracy (or not) of the Civic speedo, and at that speed (153mph indicated?) I'm not at all surprised it was 5mph out.

In fact, I'm surprised it was ONLY 5 mph out! :lol:

If you're overly worried about it, check out the How To section for Pottsy's magic box of tricks fix :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
There are also several threads on the web that say that GPS devices like TomTom are always a bit on the low site.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there are several threads regarding the accuracy (or not) of the Civic speedo, and at that speed (153mph indicated?) I'm not at all surprised it was 5mph out.

In fact, I'm surprised it was ONLY 5 mph out! :lol:

If you're overly worried about it, check out the How To section for Pottsy's magic box of tricks fix :)
I know. I had read it. not really worried about it at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts