2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Must Learn To Read!
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I've tried to post something in the " For Sale " section and followed the rules, however my post isn't appearing?

Got a message stating that a mod will review my advert and then post should it meet the rules etc, which as far as I'm aware, it does (although could be wrong!)

I don't suppose anyone can advise how long it takes for a for sale advert to appear or advise as to if there are any reasons that an advert wouldn't be posted?

Thanks in advance.

Alastair.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
They generally take a few hours for the mods to check/approve them. If it doesn't abide by the rules it'll get rejected.

Did you put the 'I have read the trading rules and will follow them to the letter' bit in?

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
No worries :) just give the mods time to have their Weetabix :p

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Thats why "for sale/wanted posts" should be shown in our own threads/posts with a status (depending on what mods done/decided) and not visible for anyone else untill finished.

Then no one would ever need to ask what happened with it or what was wrong. Isnt that possible?

·
Super Moderator
21,043 Posts
... and now the bad news - you haven't included a recent picture of the item for sale, just a stock manufacturers advert picture, as you stated.

Want to have another go ? :)

·
Must Learn To Read!
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
... and now the bad news - you haven't included a recent picture of the item for sale, just a stock manufacturers advert picture, as you stated.

Want to have another go ? :)
Cool, sorry about that - I'm at work at the moment, I'll take pics of everything later when I get home.

My bad.

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
Thats why "for sale/wanted posts" should be shown in our own threads/posts with a status (depending on what mods done/decided) and not visible for anyone else untill finished.

Then no one would ever need to ask what happened with it or what was wrong. Isnt that possible?

Thats a pretty good idea actually but it just leaves more work for the mods to do..

·
Super Moderator
21,043 Posts
There are a lot of good ideas about but the main problems are that the forum probably needs a bespoke software change to achieve them which is not easy in some cases.

I would like to have the time to PM each FS & W failure but sometimes there are quite a lot.

In the main though, if you include the 'words' that you accept the trading rules and include your pictures and a collected and posted price then I reckon 99% would get through.

·
Super Moderator
21,043 Posts
Not in the end because PayPal performed a refund but we need to try and identify genuine from fraud and the supporter application may help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts