1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,080 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well thats the A pillar trim fixed at last. This job looked easy enough to do famous last words. Let me tell you what i done wrong first i fitted the clips to the trim then lined up the clips with the holes in the A pillar sounds ok so far. Then starting at the bottom of the trim i pushed the trim into place the bottom clips went in easy but when i got to the top clips this is where it all went wrong, i gave the trim a hit with the the side of my hand to locate the clip in the hole wrong thing to do as all this done was to push the clip into far causing the clip to lose grip in the hole.

I found out this is how you remove the clip by hitting it to push the white part of the clip through the black part of the clip, it works like a raw plug the white part is tapered which tightens in the black part of the clip locking this in place in the hole in the A pillar.

I was able to fix the clip by holding it by the black part of the clip with a pair of pliers and hitting the pointed white part of the clip with a hammer knocking the white part back through the black part.

Then all i had to do was refit the clip onto the trim line it up with hole in the A pillar and push gently until i felt a click.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Well thats the A pillar trim fixed at last. This job looked easy enough to do famous last words. Let me tell you what i done wrong first i fitted the clips to the trim then lined up the clips with the holes in the A pillar sounds ok so far. Then starting at the bottom of the trim i pushed the trim into place the bottom clips went in easy but when i got to the top clips this is where it all went wrong, i gave the trim a hit with the the side of my hand to locate the clip in the hole wrong thing to do as all this done was to push the clip into far causing the clip to lose grip in the hole.

I found out this is how you remove the clip by hitting it to push the white part of the clip through the black part of the clip, it works like a raw plug the white part is tapered which tightens in the black part of the clip locking this in place in the hole in the A pillar.

I was able to fix the clip by holding it by the black part of the clip with a pair of pliers and hitting the pointed white part of the clip with a hammer knocking the white part back through the black part.

Then all i had to do was refit the clip onto the trim line it up with hole in the A pillar and push gently until i felt a click.
Hiya! I need to remove the A pillar cover, mind walking me through it? Do I absolutely need to replace the clips when I remove it?

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi new to the forum, recently got myself a 2007 1.8 SE and have just fitted a new dab stereo, I now need to remove the A pillar to install the dab antenna but need to get new clips for the pillar before I take it off. Could you tell me where you got these clips from please as I've looked everywhere online and can't find them anywhere.. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
4,903 Posts
I ran the aerial cable for my DAB up under the door rubber and then across the top of the A pillar to disappear under the roof lining. Aerial mounted on the screen.
You shouldn't have to pop the pillar doing that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ran the aerial cable for my DAB up under the door rubber and then across the top of the A pillar to disappear under the roof lining. Aerial mounted on the screen.
You shouldn't have to pop the pillar doing that.
Line Parallel Rectangle Output device Diagram

This is the dab antenna I've got to fit and it needs to be earthed on the metal of the A pillar behind the trim

1 - 20 of 28 Posts