2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be dyeing/ staining my trim today or tomorrow and wondered what people used to apply the stuff I'm drawn to either a kitchen sponge or a microfiber anyone else's ideas would be good?

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
what you using to die your trim?

i imagine a sponge would do a good job, you want something with a flat surface so you get an even layer

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
think sponge or microfibre from what ive found out do before and after pics im not sure weather to do mine
I will do mate the results I've seen on here are amazing not like your usual Halfords crap the stuff smells like nail varnish remover!

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh don't worry as soon as the **** hit the car I pulled over and removed it yeah I've spent this whole week off on my car now only two layers of wax trim die cold air feed and rear brake pads to do before 4pm tomorrow :/

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah Im definitely washing it first! I was gunna wax straight after the polish but had to nip to the shop then the bird crapped I thought not today haha

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Take a peak at my build thread to see the shine I'm abit of a car cleaning boff these days especially with Hondas oh so hard paint!

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I'm using the plasticare quite a few people have used and the results and reviews made it a must have
Have done it myself mate with plasticare and just cut a piece of sponge and worked fine, wear gloves though

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Honestly never been so dissapointed with the results I ended up taking it off and using boot polish to darken it where it was still streaky!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.