2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Have a type S civic, newly starting out with some changes. Now as seen in the picture, I have the non colour coded bodywork.

I'm trying to work out whether I should get it painted to match professionally, or just buy the trim from a colour coded car that is up for breaking.

Opinions?

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Colour coding can be expensive, I recently had a quote of £500 for trim only, £750 for removal, coding and refit.
Buying the parts can be expensive too especially if looking for the same colour and complete kit.

Have a look on the forum for 'Plasticare'. I did mine last weekend and the car look 100x better then before, I can't believe how well it went on.

I will upload before and after pics when I get home later (can't on work PC).
It took 3 hours to apply, and cost approx £25 for the plasticare, some gloss rollers and some 'black in a flash' which is a trim restore spray.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
If you can afford it I would go for the respray, plasticare can peel off (although it is an inexpensive way to do it)

·
Premium Member
825 Posts

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Shop around for colour coding quotes, I got a quote yesterday to colour code my trims, including removing them and re fitting them after painted, around £250 which I think is reasonable, personally I wouldn't pay anything over £300 for it

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies everyone, the plasticare looks really good, its made a huge difference! May have to go with that.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Plasticare for the win. Lots of good photos of how effective it is on my thread. Most satisfying I have done to my civic to date. Used it on my rear door handles and scuttle cover as well. The stuff works miracles

Definitely gonna go with the plasticare. The only seller that has it on ebay on has the grey one! Have messaged them, hopefully will get black back in stock asap.

It's so cheap and easy to do, and gives the exact look I'm after! :)

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Definitely gonna go with the plasticare. The only seller that has it on ebay on has the grey one! Have messaged them, hopefully will get black back in stock asap.

It's so cheap and easy to do, and gives the exact look I'm after! :)
Aaahh thats not cool. Hopefully it comes back mate. Let me know if and when it does. I could do with buying some more really. It lasts for a long time but I want some more just in case...

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
606 Posts

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The black plasticare is back in stock now, just ordered some for myself.
I emailed the seller last night, asked him to relist black if he has it in stock, got an email back this morning saying they had put a new listing up! I'll make sure I upload some pictures when I've done the trim in the next week or so!

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Painted the trims with the Plasticare today. Did two coats and waiting to look at it tomorrow in the sunshine.. However thus far it looks amazing! Makes an amazing difference to how the car looks.

Reactions: Farqui
1 - 20 of 30 Posts