2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering the correct name for the plastic strip that runs from the front wheel arch to back wheel arch on the outside of the car, just beneath the doors.
I have got the clips connected to the car but on the bumper/trim(?) itself it looks like two of the pieces it locks into have snapped off?

ANyone know a replcaemnt cost?

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
few quid a clip mate, there's a link on here to new clips somewhere (try the 5door type R conversion thread or similar), there is also tiger seal as a temp fix?

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
few quid a clip mate, there's a link on here to new clips somewhere (try the 5door type R conversion thread or similar), there is also tiger seal as a temp fix?

Be careful with that tigerseal stuff though.. I used it on my old car and there was no way on gods green earth could the part be removed that I glued down

I got the clips direct from honda mate but they will be a lot cheaper from COX on here..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Skirts yes I think that's the one, thanks.

The clips are all still on the car to connect the skirt to, it's the sockets on the actual skirting that is bust. I'm hoping I could buy these individually and tiger seal them back onto the skirting?

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
True about the tiger seal its evil stuff but gives peace of mind that it wont come off at least!

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Skirts yes I think that's the one, thanks.

The clips are all still on the car to connect the skirt to, it's the sockets on the actual skirting that is bust. I'm hoping I could buy these individually and tiger seal them back onto the skirting?

if your wanting a new side skirt mate think you'll be looking at around £35/50 a skirt in plastic, times it by 3 for a colour coded type R skirt lol I'd get the tiger seal on it but i'd keep the tiger seal away from the existing clips in case you want to take the skirt off again one day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts