2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trunk door do not close so soft and nice on my civic hatchback mk8 like on my civic 1.5 sedan or the jazz 2006...

I need to try to close at leat 2 times until it really closes...

Anyone knows how I can made it better?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Sounds like your boot lock mechanism is struggling, Honda will give u a quote for this, or you could try and independent garage.

Personally I would buy the parts from the Lings Honda website and swap it out myself.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
Have you checked that your lower bump stops aren't wound out too far?

As I mentioned in reply to your other post on the same subject.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you checked that your lower bump stops aren't wound out too far?

As I mentioned in reply to your other post on the same subject.
Yap like i said on the other post I tested with no bumps stop (completely out) and takes the same effort to close the trunk door...

Enviado do meu SM-T560 através de Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like your boot lock mechanism is struggling, Honda will give u a quote for this, or you could try and independent garage.

Personally I would buy the parts from the Lings Honda website and swap it out myself.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I am thinkinng about that too. Buy a new lock mechanism and change it by myself...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some time ago I had a car accident. Other car crash on my back, nothing too serious just paint damaged. I am thinking if the guys took my trunk off the repait the damage on the small inside damaged and it was not placed properly...

It is one of the reasons for my question if there are any adjustments i can try on my trunk door

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
How is the alignment of your trunk lid, does it sit with equal gaps on both side, top and bottom?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How is the alignment of your trunk lid, does it sit with equal gaps on both side, top and bottom?
In fact there is some differences... Like probably between 4 to 6 mm of difference comparing the two sides

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
Okay then, have you tried tweaking the hinges as per the other thread?

If not, then perhaps you should.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tried those screws with some force but couldn't unscrew them... Seems really hard. I think i need to have a better key for them once mini is a little small and dont allow me to apply better amount of force.

Also tried the metal piece where the trunk lock actually locks, took out the plastic cover, unscrew tge screws and pushed it to tge top and now tge trunk door is closing better

1 - 12 of 12 Posts