2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
ive got a civic ex and have been trying to set my phone up? ive red the guide and still no joy. ive been pressing the lower button it beeps i then hold the talk button the top 1 and say phone set up
all i get is please repeat or pardon
ive tryed just pressing the talk button the top 1 but no beep
can anyone help or am i just stupid and doing somthing wrong

·
Administrator
21,160 Posts
The back/lower button is for general functions. I'm sure it's the top button (with telephone symbol) and if it's not beeping then it has a problem.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Yep. Just use the phone buttons not the voice controls.
Say phone setup, aim your voice up towards the courtesy lights (where the microphone is)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm the proud new owner of a '06 EX model. Love it and everything works except... the phone thingy. The underneath voice button works but not the above one. I've tried saying 'phone setup' in all different accents but no joy. Whats up with it and will it be expensive to fix?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replys ive spent allday trying to get it working , still no beep
any ideas? could it be a fuse? i have looked but all seem ok

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi
just a quik update, ive now found out none of the voice commands work ive tryed them all
so maybe its a microphone problem
all i get is that bloody women
"please repeat" "parrdon"
ive booked it to in to a local garage let them have a look

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Setting Up Your Phone
Your Bluetooth compatible phone with HandsFree Profile must be paired to the HFT system before you can make and receive hands-free calls.

NOTE:
  • HFT system does not allow you to pair your phone if the vehicle is moving.
  • For pairing, your phone must be in its Discovery mode.
  • Up to six phones can be paired to the HFT system.
  • The following procedure works for most phones. If you cannot pair your phone to the HFT system with this procedure, refer to your phone’s operating manual, or talk to your phone retailer.
  1. During the pairing process, turn off any previously paired phones before pairing a new phone. With your phone on and the ignition switch in the ACCESSORY (I) or ON (II) position, press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say ‘‘Phone set up.’’ The HFT system response is ‘‘Phone set up options are status, pair, edit, delete, and list.’’
  2. Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say ‘‘Pair.’’ The HFT system response is ‘‘The pairing process requires operation of your mobile phone. For safety, only perform this function while the vehicle is stopped. State a four-digit code for pairing. Note this code. It will be requested by the phone.’’
  3. Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say the four-digit code you want to use. For example, say ‘‘1, 2, 3, 4.’’ The HFT system response is, ‘‘1, 2, 3, 4. Is this correct?’’
  4. Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say ‘‘Yes.’’ The HFT system response is ‘‘Searching for a Bluetooth phone. Make sure the phone you are trying to pair is in discovery mode.’’

NOTE: Steps 5 and 6 show a common way to get your phone into its Discovery mode. If these steps do not work on your phone, refer to the phone’s operating manual.
  5. Follow the prompts on your phone to get it into its Search mode. The phone will search for the HFT system. When it comes up, select Hands-Free Telephone System from the list of options displayed on your phone.
  6. When asked by the phone, enter the four-digit code from step 3 into your phone. The HFT system response is ‘‘A new phone has been found. What would you like to name this phone?’’
  7. Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say the name you want to use. For example, say ‘‘Eric’s phone.’’ The HFT system response is ‘‘Eric’s phone has been successfully paired. Returning to the main menu.’’
  8. If you want to pair another phone, repeat steps 1 through 7.
it is the two top buttons you want to press

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for that duncan but ive tryed all that. ive even tryed doing the " what is the time" but nothing
none of the voice commands work for anything

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
you have two lots of buttons the top ones for the phone the ones under them the sat nav ,press the sat nav talk one and say what time is it,

·
Registered
84 Posts
'That bloody woman! ' lol.

I talked to her the other day and my battery went flat and my girlfriends getting jealous! Still no luck with telephone though. Luckily, all other voice commands work apart from the telephone button. Have you checked the fuse? I don't know where it is?

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
To stop a voice command sequence at any time, press and hold the Back button, or press and release the Talk button, wait for the beep, and say ‘‘Cancel.'' The next time you press and release the Talk button, the HFT begins from its main menu.
When you're done with a voice command sequence, the HFT goes back to its main menu. The next time you press and release the Talk button, you'll be at the main menu.
Remember to press and hold the Back button until you exit the main menu, otherwise, the audio system stays muted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Language settings ..

How do i change the language settings to set my phone up ..
Everything is in English, but when I try the phone set up , it goes German and French ????

·
Registered
607 Posts
How do i change the language settings to set my phone up ..
Everything is in English, but when I try the phone set up , it goes German and French ????
Aaah at least yours works then - that's perfectly normal !! LOL

·
Registered
71 Posts
my doesn't work also. All voice command I tried are accepted well, but phone set up or whatever .... nothing happens. My dial and reject buttons doesn't seems to work as well. When i press the dial button .. again nothing happens.

Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Setting Up Your Phone
Your Bluetooth compatible phone with HandsFree Profile must be paired to the HFT system before you can make and receive hands-free calls.

NOTE:
  • HFT system does not allow you to pair your phone if the vehicle is moving.
  • For pairing, your phone must be in its Discovery mode.
  • Up to six phones can be paired to the HFT system.
  • The following procedure works for most phones. If you cannot pair your phone to the HFT system with this procedure, refer to your phone’s operating manual, or talk to your phone retailer.
  1. During the pairing process, turn off any previously paired phones before pairing a new phone. With your phone on and the ignition switch in the ACCESSORY (I) or ON (II) position, press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say ‘‘Phone set up.’’ The HFT system response is ‘‘Phone set up options are status, pair, edit, delete, and list.’’
  2. Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say ‘‘Pair.’’ The HFT system response is ‘‘The pairing process requires operation of your mobile phone. For safety, only perform this function while the vehicle is stopped. State a four-digit code for pairing. Note this code. It will be requested by the phone.’’
  3. Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say the four-digit code you want to use. For example, say ‘‘1, 2, 3, 4.’’ The HFT system response is, ‘‘1, 2, 3, 4. Is this correct?’’
  4. Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say ‘‘Yes.’’ The HFT system response is ‘‘Searching for a Bluetooth phone. Make sure the phone you are trying to pair is in discovery mode.’’

NOTE: Steps 5 and 6 show a common way to get your phone into its Discovery mode. If these steps do not work on your phone, refer to the phone’s operating manual.
  5. Follow the prompts on your phone to get it into its Search mode. The phone will search for the HFT system. When it comes up, select Hands-Free Telephone System from the list of options displayed on your phone.
  6. When asked by the phone, enter the four-digit code from step 3 into your phone. The HFT system response is ‘‘A new phone has been found. What would you like to name this phone?’’
  7. Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say the name you want to use. For example, say ‘‘Eric’s phone.’’ The HFT system response is ‘‘Eric’s phone has been successfully paired. Returning to the main menu.’’
  8. If you want to pair another phone, repeat steps 1 through 7.
it is the two top buttons you want to press
Duncan, this is brilliant - worked 100% for me.
Simple / stupid question, if you're still around or anyone else is able to respond - got to ask:

For it to function, obviously the Bluetooth has to be ON, but does the 'phone still have to remain in 'Discoverable' as its already paired?
Thanks,

Al.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts