2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got two new front tyres fitted today as i was long over due, it wasn't till my friend had them off my car did i see the full extent of the damage and urgency for these two new ones!! The police would of had a field day if they had pulled me!+:police:

Looking at the wear on them it appears that i need to get my alignment sorted, might even go for a FRS.

Out with the old, in with the new - Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 225/40 R18 W (88) £154 each from blackcircles.com

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Jeezs they were in a BAD condition, you were lucky that worse one didn't rip apart at speed or under heavy cornering load.

lesson learnt eh?

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
could of had a blowout driving with that....
would get the alignment sorted asap!!

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Alignment seems to be a problem with Civics not sure why but they go out very quickly/easily.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
good choice of new tyre though :D
:wink: Great tyres, provide tonnes of grip... only down side is they don't last for long. First time I've actually had these on the civic so will be interesting to see what the wear is like on them.

I would recommend one of these centres

Welcome to Align My Car

Also Frs bolts / geometry. It will transform your handling and save a fortune in tyres !
I've been in contact with Paul at TDI-N who's quoted me a reasonable price to get it sorted, will more than likely book it in this week or week following.

·
Registered
274 Posts
That's why alignment check needs to be done 2 times a year (in my opinion).:)

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
If it is done properly it should last 12 months, Does anyone know if there are shims at the rear of a diesel type s?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.