2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
in service manual of 8G hatchback there is mentioned that the trunk's lid striker is adjustable. I wanted to make a small adjustment to make locking little bit stiffer.

In the service manual there is mentioned that one should loosen the bolts and then striker should then move in 2 axis. I tried this, but it is not possible - after loosing of the 2 bolts, striker does not move. Even holes' shape is circle and not oval or something like that so I do not understand how it should be "align-able".

Did anyone tried this and knows how the striker could/should be adjusted?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the same problem. The trunk door do not close on my 2006 civic, like does on the 1996 civic or 2006 jazz.... What kind of adjustments we can do here? Anyone to comment and help?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have you checked that the bumps stops at each lower corner aren't wound out too much?
Yap... including i took them completely out to exclude them from the possibility of be them causing that.... with no bump stops close the trunk door takes the same effort to close....

Enviado do meu SM-T560 através de Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yap... including i took them completely out to exclude them from the possibility of be them causing that.... with no bump stops close the trunk door takes the same effort to close....

Enviado do meu SM-T560 através de Tapatalk
I have the same issue on my 2010 type-R. Has anyone solved this yet?

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Mine has been adjusted a few times, it's still like a 1980's Fiat Uno... unlike my brothers, which is more like an Audi.

Mine is quite "loose".... in that it sort of rattles shut.

Exactly what affect do you want. Left / right makes quite a bit of difference.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Check the actual locking mechanism in the boot lid isn't loose. There are two bolts on either side of it that need tightening, but you'll need to remove the boot trim panel to get to them. Mine would need a firm slam (or several) to shut when it was loose, but afterwards it was nice and solid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts