2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove these blue trim clips? I tried using flat blade screw driver to push in little blue plastic clips to release the whole clip but no luck. Already broke one of them. Just found a tone of gunk under these black peices of trim so looking to get it all cleaned out, possibly treat any rust then refit. Any help much appreciated

·
Super Moderator
2,539 Posts
If you load fn2workshop.co.uk in IE, not chrome etc and search for "roof moulding replacement" you will find the Honda manual instructions.
They look like what you have tried but maybe not, using a plastic trim tool instead of a metal screwdriver might be better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Wilmo, thanks so much for the link. Just tried the site using IE and looks super useful. Have only just opened it so not found what I need yet but no doubt itll be in here somewhere. If only i'd known about this years ago! Thanks again mate

·
Super Moderator
2,539 Posts
Need to choose the year and which FN type (it doesn't matter for your issue) then hit the search button top left of the box.
type in what i said to the search box and it should tale you straight there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats awesome. I think I found what I was after. Just one thing I noticed was that the year selector only goes from 2007 to 2010 but my car is 2006. I selected 2007 so guess it doesnt make much difference. Just need to figure out how to get parts numbers next but expect I just need to phone Honda service desk and ask them to look them up for me

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats really useful thanks. Already found the part I need for about 5 euros on there : ) Can see a lot of the diagrams can also be used to see how to dismantle stuff as well so thats handy

·
Super Moderator
2,539 Posts
Be careful of using that Honda uk parts site, it's actually a French supplier so the prices do not include VAT and you may have to pay import duties.
i use it to get the part numbers so I can order from Cox, my local dealer or check on other parts sites.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts