2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Samsung D600 and trying to pair it with my HFT. I know Honda state that this phone wont work but as other users have found out, it does!!

My problem is that I cant get into the setup menu to start pairing the phone. I say "phone setup" as the manual states to but the stupid voice recognition says everything but that.

Is there a manual way of getting into this menu to pair your phone? Im assuming im going to need a HFT mod done(which my local dealer doesnt seem to know about).

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah that might be the prob. I thought there was only one button for voice recognition.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I attempted to 'pair' my phone this morning and although it is on the list of compatibles a German lady just kept shouting at me until I realised how change her to English - also had to remember to press the talk button each time I needed to give an instruction and not just once. I was sat in the car with a mobile and lap top and a car that talked to me in German - very surreal!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Have you tried pairing from the phone to the Civic.

Maybe that'll work.

Or get someone else to do the takling.

I was very impressed with my D600 performance in Mille, so keep trying.

..........and if I can do it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: !

"Mind you old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative!"

Charles H.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Quick give it a test, gissa ring.

"Bran may help you live longer but you spend any extra time given by going to th e toilet more often!"

Charles H.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
done it now. All working perfect. Was exactly what pottsy said. So cheers Pottsy.

I'll put money on that it was saying "fan speed up" when you were trying to pair? :wink:

apparently :oops: that's what happens anyway... :oops:

·
Registered
29 Posts
German Phone Hands free Language?

I attempted to 'pair' my phone this morning and although it is on the list of compatibles a German lady just kept shouting at me until I realised how change her to English - also had to remember to press the talk button each time I needed to give an instruction and not just once. I was sat in the car with a mobile and lap top and a car that talked to me in German - very surreal!
How did you change her German to English, Mine does the same, Anybody else know how?

Cheers

Slap me! if i needed to read the manual :p

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
It's very easy to accidently knock the Sat Nav talk button when going for the HFT talk button, and then anything you say could be used against you :wink:

Sat Nav speaking in various other languages has cropped up a few times, with German leading and French another popular choice :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
hft

has anybody had problems with answering a call from the car with the hft.my wife has the sony ericcson k300i phone, and every now and again when i ring her i hear the phone ringing, but when she tries to answer , i cant hear her, and she cant hear me.any ideas:?:

·
Registered
29 Posts
"ändern Sie Sprachen englisch" seemed to work, i now have an English speaking HFT system, Tried to pair my iPhone, no luck yet as nothing is being recognized on either end. Will try again in my lunch break.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts