2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arg, got my car back yesterday having had the brake callipers changed, the clunk was also fixed again and the squeaky brakes.

Today not only are my brakes squeaking but squealing so loud that people are turning to look at me :serious:

I am getting very frustrated!

·
Administrator
20,956 Posts
TBH I don't think Ruislip are that good. When I had my first Civic I soon realised that. I had a new tyre and they fitted the wrong type.

My second Civic's PDI was so bad I washed my hands of them.

I have been using Newton Honda but that's a bit of a trek so I'm intending to use Crown Honda near Colindale as they get good reviews, unlike Ruislip.

It's not the car it's the mechanics. I'm out of date now but there used to be anti-squeal shims.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TBH I don't think Ruislip are that good. When I had my first Civic I soon realised that. I had a new tyre and they fitted the wrong type.

My second Civic's PDI was so bad I washed my hands of them.

I have been using Newton Honda but that's a bit of a trek so I'm intending to use Crown Honda near Colindale as they get good reviews, unlike Ruislip.

It's not the car it's the mechanics. I'm out of date now but there used to be anti-squeal shims.
I like them, it is the car ... they were looking after my Focus for six years with no problems at all

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Brakes fixed, new pads, no more squealing :smile3:
Pads can do that. I remember changing on my civic some Jurid ones and after a mile they were not squeaky but screaming like some animal was stuck there (depends on mixture of pads).Returned them in second and in Exchange got some no name racing pads. Worked great and they endured about 90k

1 - 8 of 8 Posts