2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like this could be as good as HKS RSK?
Plus dont have to change the £20 filter every year.

Appears to be from Germany only, but circa £200?
How easy are they to get? Could be a group buy option?
If someone stocked these rekon they could sell lots!

Cheers.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Intakes are funny things tbh.

You could end up fitting that and losing power... Probably best to ask TDi North who've tested different intakes over the years. There must be a reason why people end up getting their cars mapped after fitting the CPL Intake System ;)

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I wouldnt, its cheap for a reason. Go for either the HKS RSK or the Mugen/Tegiwa enclosed system.

The HKS works due to the velocity stack in the pathway to the TB/engine. There are also heatshields available, Loxy's car makes 260bhp with this (and a lot of other things!)

The Mugen/Tegiwa with scoop works very very well, I noticed a good gain from even the HKS, but it doesnt accent the VTEC as well and they are both more expensive, the Mugen not giving much change from £1,500

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Am after Vtec sound so discounted Tegiwa.

Was going for HKS, although changing filters regularly is not as good, and not so sure I want the 2 layer filter with less protection (car paranoia).

What is this velocity stack?

This TSS kit seems to have some internal fins for airflow, write ups seem good, although not many in UK. Essentially it looks like a similar SRI to HKS, and from a specific German Honda tuner, I assume they have done a good job?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts