2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Ageing Petrol Head!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will be leaving early in the morning to drop my CTR off at CPL for a couple of days for the fitting of tuning parts and set up. I truely cannot wait....just like xmas when I was a kid........I will attempt to post the results as promised as soon as poss......Thanks to all members for help, info and advice on choosing the parts and tuning shop for the work.... you know who you are...:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Nice one mate.

What parts you getting fitted? I live about 2 miles from CPL so if your about when you pick it up and fancy a photoshoot or anything then let me know :D

·
Ageing Petrol Head!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Davek, that is spooky......pick the car up Thursday with cpl intake and gasket, cpl exhaust manifold, cpl cai and accompanied by hondata flashpro and set up by the Maestro himself, Guy of cpl.......if you haven't already you really do need to speak to Guy......he is a true enthusiast with skills and knowledge I dream of..........:D:D:D

·
Ageing Petrol Head!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Rich, hope you are well bud......seems like a lifetime since I booked the car in with CPL and we chatted...don't know if you have ever been to CPL or spoken to Guy but you must.....his enthusiasm, knowledge and home grown expertise is infectious.....this will not be my last dealings with them.....quality:D:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Davek, that is spooky......pick the car up Thursday with cpl intake and gasket, cpl exhaust manifold, cpl cai and accompanied by hondata flashpro and set up by the Maestro himself, Guy of cpl.......if you haven't already you really do need to speak to Guy......he is a true enthusiast with skills and knowledge I dream of..........:D:D:D

My bro used to get his DC5 worked on by Guy and my mate had alot of dealings with him when he had his turbo'd EP3 as he was part of the CPL team so im pretty lucky really to have someone like this so close by.

Wouldnt mind seeing what figures you get from the above parts as thats the sort of mods I would be wanting to do...well minus the CAI as I already got a Gruppe M.

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
i drove over from ireland a few weeks ago, and guy fitted the COL manifold and gruppeM, such a nice bloke, and the car is running so well im well happy, and will be back there next year.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Hey Rich, hope you are well bud......seems like a lifetime since I booked the car in with CPL and we chatted...don't know if you have ever been to CPL or spoken to Guy but you must.....his enthusiasm, knowledge and home grown expertise is infectious.....this will not be my last dealings with them.....quality:D:cool:
I've not been, but I;ve spoken to Guy a couple of times about mods I was considering and his advice was excellent. I'll be using them when I do the next round of performance mods :D

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Im there Friday evening for a power run :).. HKS intake and Milltek, hoping for 210bhp plus :-D

·
Ageing Petrol Head!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try not to book in for some more mods if you can......Guy has 850bhp from his ep3.....I dribbled when I had a look around......

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Well, my house move is finally done so finances are starting to settle down again which is great. So....time to spend a bit on my car which has been neglected so far in 2009....

I'm really interested in seeing how gruesome-n gets on with those mods and seeing some dynos if he's doing them.

I might get a couple of small bits at my second service at ABP in October too - but more likely to be springs/coilovers/brakes rather than any power mods.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mmmmm interesting...I want to do some more mods too but must sort out my finances first...it seems I'm one stage behind Rich at the moment lol:) I'm certainly thinking TODA exhaust and manifold, Gruppe M and Flashpro....tasty! When u go to CPL let me know we can try and get a discount from Guy...maybe get Johnno in there too!

See you boys in a few weeks

·
Registered
383 Posts
Rich & Vince,

The next MOD you should really be thinking about is the LSD. I drove my car Back to Back against Jamie33's Fn2 C/W. The diffrence around the Twists and exiting Round abouts was amazing!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
At CPL you would have got probably 205BHP at the most, at TDI you will probably get 260BHP lol :D
260bhp!! wow... all thats missing now is the machine guns and rocket boosters!! lol While overtaking Dawid easily on the Autobahn lol

*alarm clock can be heard going off in the background*

·
Registered
157 Posts
How could I forget my beloved Wavetrac...its still at the bottom of my signature!!! Will add that to the wish list too lol:)

Rich & Vince,

The next MOD you should really be thinking about is the LSD. I drove my car Back to Back against Jamie33's Fn2 C/W. The diffrence around the Twists and exiting Round abouts was amazing!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts