2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well went to TDI North on thursday for a remap and the FD2 balancer shaft delete kit.

Can't say enough thanks to all at TDI North for all your superb work and customer service.

Would recommend the balancer delete kit to anyone, makes a big difference in noise and performance.

Mapping was carried out by Paul who got the most out of the car,
he managed to sqeeze 242BHP and 176lbft which i am very pleased with:D

Let's say the drive home from Warrington to Norwich was a great drive to remember.

Cheers Paul and the other guys for all your great work and friendly service.

Regards

Matt

Dyno attached.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Good having you here yesterday.:cool:
Hope the car was driving a lot smoother now it been "tuned" ;)
The sound difference will be different cam angles so the engine is breathing a lot better. It won't be because of the ballencer shaft kit.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ooops, well done for noticing the deliberate mistake:cool:

The car is transformed and really smooth.

Thanks again

Matt

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
thats some good gains there matey, bet your well pleased.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Nice, what was it before the balancer delete kit?

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
I belive car had been tuned previously but with an RRC, but since then it was removed and a big throttle body added. Couldn't see much point in tuning before we did the work as it would take a while just to prove the oil pump kit as thats been done now. :)

What I am seeing with the kits is that on a stock/lightly modded car the difference is far more noticable than on something heavily modded where you have a lot more power in the first place to keep the momentum so to speak.
You do notice it on the road though. Car spins up and is much more free revving than previously.

Really nice combination the JDM cams and the oil pump kit. Pretty much FD2 engine now apart from the pistons. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
We see DC5s and EP3s with identical mods and the EP3s make more power.
Some would say higher compression is a good thing. Some would say it reduces volume in the chamber.
High compression has it's place with high octain fuels. For a general road car I think you will be fine with stock pistons.

Saying that........ I gone high compression! Doh! :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
You do notice it on the road though. Car spins up and is much more free revving than previously

don't I just know it GRRRRRRRRRRR
THANKS TUNING GOD :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts