2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Could anlone tell me if there are any induction kits on the market for the new type R, or any other tuning aids
CHEERS

·
Diesel Demon
502 Posts
You could make it faster and more economical by buying a diesel. [smilie=tongue.gif]

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
What's the remap like? whats the 0-60 like
I've tried friend of mine on wet road and it was 7.4 sec, think on dry road should be around 6.8sec.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
There was a guy on the forum when I owned my Skoda who had remapped his and advertised the fact.
Skoda UK got wind via the forum and cancelled his warranty.
You might want to consider changing your 'sig' and some posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
There was a guy on the forum when I owned my Skoda who had remapped his and advertised the fact.
Skoda UK got wind via the forum and cancelled his warranty.
You might want to consider changing your 'sig' and some posts
Well, you might be right there. I was thinking about that but never thought they would be able to do that...

·
Diesel Demon
502 Posts
Nah, balls to the idea of changing the sig, etc. Who's gonna check? Honda.... don't think so. Dealer? Nah, they want my warranty work (they get paid by Honda for doing it).

Don't be paranoid, if the worst happens, deny all knowledge!

Best regards,

** NAME WITHHELD TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT **

·
Diesel Demon
502 Posts
Haven't checked the 0-60 time, never really figured a way of accurately measuring it (the speedo reading shows faster than you're actually travelling). 0-60 time is pretty quick, however the most impressive aspect of the remap is the way it pulls in gear. Overtaking on the motorway is a doddle, and it powers way past the speed limit in a rather impressive manner.

Still haven't been able to pick a fight with a Type R driver yet though, would be interested to compare head-to-head. Pottsy's early Type R review & comparison to his remapped diesel were very interesting.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Nah, balls to the idea of changing the sig, etc. Who's gonna check? Honda.... don't think so. Dealer? Nah, they want my warranty work (they get paid by Honda for doing it).

Don't be paranoid, if the worst happens, deny all knowledge!

Best regards,

** NAME WITHHELD TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT **
Your choice.:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts