2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello civinfo community, just wanted to share my results with revive turbo cleaner.

The car (2006 2.2 diesel) was running fine to begin with, but I blocked the egr on a CT stage 1 a few weeks ago, so thought it would be good to decoke the inlet.

Since the dismantling process takes a whole day I though I'd give the snake oils on the market a try. After a lot of research, the most recommended ones were:
1. LIQUI MOLY Pro-Line Intake System Cleaner Diesel (#5168)
2. Revive turbo cleaner.

I tried Revive (750ml) today and went for a ride. What a difference! Cars pulls so much easier, idling sounds quieter and smoother. The engine is much more responsive in lower rpms 0:)

So if you are looking to try this on your civic, it has been tested and working. Hopefully it is more than just dyed water! (known trick to clean your pistons, do your research ;) )

Some advice: leave the top part of the airbox with the MAF sensor close to the inlet pipe in order to get a minimum airflow. The engine dies if the MAF is disconnected or has no airflow. You will have to remove the bottom part of the box to create some space though. Cover the sensor so it doesn't get soaked by the treatment. You might get an engine light since the MAF readings are rubbish, easy to delete after the treatment finishes. Expect A LOT of grey smoke from the exhaust.
Also, put something like a cardboard under the exhausts, as on my case a lot of soot came out making the concrete on my parking quite messy.

Will have a look at the inlet manifold at some point to check the condition, try the LIQUI MOLI and report back..

For now I need to sort my slipping clutch issue.. I can't make my mind between the 325 one, LUK, or an upgraded, any recommendations will be much appreciated!

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,142 Posts
So the inlet manifold and intake ports have been completely cleaned of carbon deposits?

Until I see evidence that products like these actually work, I'll always see them as snake oil.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the inlet manifold and intake ports have been completely cleaned of carbon deposits?

Until I see evidence that products like these actually work, I'll always see them as snake oil.
I did not had a look inside the manifold yet, plan to do it in the following weekends when I find some time.. But I noticed the difference in the car after, so it should have done something?!

If anyone in Glasgow has a pinhole camera it would be great to find out! (easy to look from the boost pipe)

However I believe most of the gunk will go when I use the LIQUI MOLI one, check their videos on youtube.. Basically it melts a surface carbon layer which is then burned in the combustion chamber. Repeat until most of it is gone. I do not believe it will ever be completely cleaned with such products, nothing matches dismantling and hand cleaning the inlet yourself. But as long as I see improvements without having to take the whole inlet out, I am happy.

·
Super Moderator
2,355 Posts
they wont compleatly remove all deposits
but some do work a little sometimes
it all depands how bad your car is chocked up and what products you use
some people think theres a problem when there isnt and no matter how many types they use the only difference they notice is the slight boost the aditives give to the fuel given a temporery increase in smoothnes due to increased quality of fuel

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,142 Posts
I'm not knocking what you're saying but I'd honestly like to see before and after images before I believe anything. How much is it a can?

Reactions: thanosalex

·
Super Moderator
2,355 Posts
heres a link to there website
looks like its about £40 so far from the cheapest out there
https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwjt4M348YfaAhWKt-0KHTiADvkYABAAGgJkZw&sig=AOD64_3Ie5mMpBe4QIBy7_F4pgsI3GXrtA&q=&ved=0ahUKEwiF0sj48YfaAhWCKewKHV-ODUoQ0QwIJw&adurl=
theres a video on there showing them using it and the talk about the smoke steam whatever it is out the exhaust
now to me its white steamy smoke which id say is just the water bassed solution you are spraying in
if it was cleaning carbon of like they say id expect it to be at least dity grey colour or darker

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Paid 38 for it from ebay. Quite steep but for the mileage of my car (148k now) I thought I'll give it a go. I can confirm grey smoke coming from exhaust in my case, lots of soot left just under the exhausts. Put something beneath if you don't want to mess your driveway! Also car needs a wash as the silver plastics on the bumper around the exhausts is now black

1 - 7 of 7 Posts