2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I have a 53 plate 1.7cdti.

It has had the turbo replaced under warranty in 2007.

I have owned the car since 2009 without any issues regarding limp mode, until yesterday!

I filled it up with fuel (put in quarter of a tank as it has three quarters in already) Don't think this could cause the issue?

Then drove a few miles to motorway, and as I gently accelerated (50 mph restrictions on M1) up the inclined sliproad it went into limp mode, and revs would not go above 3000.
I got it back home, and twenty minutes later started it, and it revved past 3000 ok.

I drove it this morning, and gave it a blast on the motorway (bit nervous in case it goes into limp mode again!) and it was fine in all gears, and revving easily past 4000 and driving great.

I did not have any lights come on yesterday...

What do you think? get the code read and just keep driving it?

If the turbo's been changed could it be that again? as its a modified part?

any advice would be appreciated. I can't afford trying to replace random bits so am not going to Honda.

Thanks guys.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,822 Posts
Reading the code would be best, or it's all just guessing. But the turbos on these engines do have a poor history.

Or it was all a one-off and everything will be OK? I wouldn't worry too much unless the problem re-occurs (by which time you could have bought yourself a cheap code reader?)

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
to be fair this is a 06 onwards forum and you have a 03 so will not be much info here but I do know your engine is a Isuzi unit so may do a google search into it. I would also give it a good thrashing even if that means a motorway drive at 70mph in 3rd to generate some heat and burn of any deposits as it could also be choking up.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,252 Posts
Reading the code would be best, or it's all just guessing. But the turbos on these engines do have a poor history.

Or it was all a one-off and everything will be OK? I wouldn't worry too much unless the problem re-occurs (by which time you could have bought yourself a cheap code reader?)
Hi Jon,
Talking of Cheap code readers, I'm pretty sure it was you that recommended me one a while ago... Do you still have info on it.. I have a reader but it seems to work on every apart from Honda..

Cheers.
Neil.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,822 Posts
Hi Jon,
Talking of Cheap code readers, I'm pretty sure it was you that recommended me one a while ago... Do you still have info on it.. I have a reader but it seems to work on every apart from Honda..

Cheers.
Neil.
Hi, yes Neil... I did recommend my 2011 spec D900 reader - which works find on other cars (including my Accord) - in a thread about a year or so ago. Unfortunately I do recall someone buying a similar reader and being unable to get it to communicate. I apologised then and I apologise again! There is something slightly 'odd'/non-standard/updated about the Civic interface compared to other Honda vehicles.

I'd now recommend an ELM327 Bluetooth interface, for those that have an Android device.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts