2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i need an option i have a honda fn4 14 vtec and im thinking of making a turbo on it just for more power to have abit of fun with is it worth it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
i imagine getting power out of the 1.4 is like getting blood from a stone. and a turbo conversion would be way to costly for small gains really. i cant see a turbo 1.4 making much power.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am aiming at least 200bhp in total not just by turbo and im happy with 200bhp as its already 100bhp stock

·
793 Posts
you will be lucky, the d16 in the old ep2 couldn't crack 200bhp with a turbo on stock engine. it would cheaper to buy a fn2 or a 2.2 derv and map that over a turbo on the 1.4. i have never heard of the 1.4 being turbo'd though so at least it would be original.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any options to put abit more bhp in it apart from full exhaust system as could not find an intake kit for it

·
793 Posts
as i said before, getting power from the 1.4 will be like getting blood from a stone, its just not happening.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,851 Posts
Far easier and cheaper to sell it and buy a more powerful car. You'll then get all the other uprated stuff like brakes, clutch, transmission, etc that you also need.

Sticking a turbo on that would be a mistake.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
with the cost of a turbo conversion might aswell buy yourself a a second car with big power as standard, e.g a Subaru can pick them up these days for next to nothing and thats double the bhp and fun you would get out of the 1.4 turbo !

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
In reality it is a waste of money but if it's what you want to do then go for it and good look to you.

You may see 170bhp at a guess but a good increase in torque.

·
793 Posts
i reckon it can be done. if you got the money and its what you want. go for it!
I don't doubt that it can be done, but is the time, effort and money really worth turbo in a 1.4? It won't even be as powerful as a fn2 and they are getting cheap now, if a fn2 is out of the question due to running costs then buy a 2.2 and map it.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts