2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Reading the thread about staining the grey trim on a Type-S I thought I'd give it a try.

I've got a 08' Civic in Deep Bronze Pearl Type-S and I don't really like it that the under parts are grey. So I got some dye from ebay and some Turtle Wax - Black in a Flash to make it black. I will keep up some pictures on here to let you guys know how it goes and i hope it will turn out nice.

Here's how the car looks now:

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just got the things I need to paint the trim. I'm Going to give it a cleaning and then put it in the garage so I can start first thing tomorrow :D

Here's the stuff i'm going to use:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just thinking should I also do the part between the 2 windows, the part between the bonet and the front window and the parts where the sidemirrors are on ?? Could somebody please give me any advice on this. ;)

·
Likes this
407 Posts
I think those parts are smooth plastic, basically not the same finish as the trims, so the dye wont stain it very good. You could always try it though :)

Also a tip, I just used a microfibre cloth to apply the dye as you can just wipe it across in one stroke.

Cheers and good luck :)

Dan

Reactions: Timmeyy

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok thanks i'll keep that in mind. ;)

·
Likes this
407 Posts
And DBP, best colour ;) haha

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Haha as long as you'll send me the decal to make it complete and i'll make sure to get a picture of that too ;)

Looks like you've got all you need there to get rid of the nasty looking grey trim. :D

Should look really well against the DBP. :cool: Look forward to the pics. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finished the makeover today took me 2 hours (including cleaning the car first) :D Here's some pics

First a quick shower before getting to work

Putting it in the garage. (my new bodyshop :cool:) Time to say goodby to grey

One part done. Looks pretty cool already.

And finally the results. Say hello to black :D I really like how it looks

·
Likes this
407 Posts
Looks great mate, makes all the difference doesnt it :D

Good Job!
Dan

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ye it really does. Looks so much better now :D I'm going to put the Turtle Wax - Black in a Flash on tomorrow see how that works out ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone :D and all that in 2 hours. I just put on the Black in a flash to finish it off.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts