2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Reading the thread about staining the grey trim on a Type-S I thought I'd give it a try.

I've got a 08' Civic in Deep Bronze Pearl Type-S and I don't really like it that the under parts are grey. So I got some dye from ebay and some Turtle Wax - Black in a Flash to make it black. I will keep up some pictures on here to let you guys know how it goes and i hope it will turn out nice.

Here's how the car looks now:

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just got the things I need to paint the trim. I'm Going to give it a cleaning and then put it in the garage so I can start first thing tomorrow :D

Here's the stuff i'm going to use:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just thinking should I also do the part between the 2 windows, the part between the bonet and the front window and the parts where the sidemirrors are on ?? Could somebody please give me any advice on this. ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok thanks i'll keep that in mind. ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Haha as long as you'll send me the decal to make it complete and i'll make sure to get a picture of that too ;)

Looks like you've got all you need there to get rid of the nasty looking grey trim. :D

Should look really well against the DBP. :cool: Look forward to the pics. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finished the makeover today took me 2 hours (including cleaning the car first) :D Here's some pics

First a quick shower before getting to work

Putting it in the garage. (my new bodyshop :cool:) Time to say goodby to grey

One part done. Looks pretty cool already.

And finally the results. Say hello to black :D I really like how it looks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ye it really does. Looks so much better now :D I'm going to put the Turtle Wax - Black in a Flash on tomorrow see how that works out ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone :D and all that in 2 hours. I just put on the Black in a flash to finish it off.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
anyone got any idea what i should do to make the car better next ??

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Def gonna do this when i get time. Makes so much of a difference.
How long do you recon it will last before you need to re-apply?
Ye it totally does :D I don't quite know cause I've just put it on i'll see how it looks in a few weeks and when i think it's to grey of it's a bit off i'll repaint it. Maybe ask Gers about it, he's had it on for a while now ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yeah it looks way better then the stupid grey :p and it's very cheap to do :D it all just cost me like £20 including washing my car

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Should have done it in the big garage (the white one with the green door in the last pic ;)) but my brother had his car in there :p So I just did it in the garage attached to the house, looks so big cause it's for 2 cars :D

Reactions: aljo

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Ey Universalerror. I used the stuff from ebay that's in Dan's link ;) the other stuff I put on a day later is the turtle Wax Black in a flash as you can see.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
couple of questions
see you have 2 bottles in the picture , did you need both or is one enough
also do you have to mask of the paint work ?
did you apply it with a cloth or brush

also wondering what this would look like on a blue civic

car looks great by the way

cheers
Hey Guys,

Ye i ordered 2 just in case, but I didn't need 2 actually i got it done with using less then 1 bottle. 1 bottle should be more than enough ;)

I masked of the paintwork with a little bit of tape. I just put on some tape over the part i was doing and then removed it after I was done with that one part cause i didn't want to take the risk of damaging the paintwork if I left it on too long. Also this way you can see if you maybe still have some dye on your paintwork and still be able to take it of in time before it's dry :D

I tried using the brush first but I thought it didn't look as smooth as it should then I started using the roller and I found it doing a far better job. It also was a lot easier to do then with the brush. (just my opinion ;))

Personally I think it would look better on any color of civic, but i think it will look very cool on blue. I think I saw a picture somewhere on here of somebody already doing it on a blue one. I'll try to find it for you.

Hope this answered all the questions you had ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
good questions, i got one bottle ready to rock, but wondered if it was enough, would be nothing worse than running out halfway through. also wondering about the paintwork
Should be more than enough. I got it done using less than one bottle so it should be no problem ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
hae looked for a blue one done , but no luck if you can find it would be great
Hey,

I found a Blue type-s with the NHB kit on it maybe this will give you an idea of what it might look like ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
hae looked for a blue one done , but no luck if you can find it would be great
Hey I found another one with actually a stained type-S kit :D Here you go, hope it helps

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
cheers mate
taking the first one is painted black and the secound is the dye stuff

sorry only just joined and not up on all the lingo yet
Ey Phil,

the first picture the owner put the sideskirts and spoilers on from a Black Type-R Civic. It's not painted it's just the black color of the car on the kit

The second picture shows a car with the dye i used ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
good job mate, done mine a month or so ago it really makes a difference
however thought it worth a mention that although its very resistant to washing etc i have just da polished my car in prep for type r kit and in doing so i taped(blue low tack) my plastics etc and in several places its pulled the dye leaving areas or grey speckles.
no biggy as its easy to apply but thought it woreth a mention

Glen
Hey Glen,

Thanks for the tip ;) I'll be careful with that :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
1 - 20 of 31 Posts