2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - joined forum today, hello to everyone!

Just purchased a 2008 Honda Civic 1.8 EX and wondered if there was anyway to get a TV output through the sat nav screen - always good to watch a little TV with a bag of chips on a day out!

Look forward to responses!

Adam.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you telling me that you have never been somewhere and just grabbed a bag of chips and eaten them in the car...come on!

Thanks for responses guys, however intention of question was to determine if there was any way of plugging a small aerial in and getting 'proper' TV through the screen as opposed to pre-recorded movies/iPlayer?

Thanks,
Adam.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Are you telling me that you have never been somewhere and just grabbed a bag of chips and eaten them in the car...come on!
I have not.

Thanks for responses guys, however intention of question was to determine if there was any way of plugging a small aerial in and getting 'proper' TV through the screen as opposed to pre-recorded movies/iPlayer?
Is digital broadcasted (as in on the airwaves) TV launched in the UK?
If so you need a digital tuner box which can output to the same solution used for a DVD.

**EDIT - what Bog said.... :D **

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I have bought a different type of aerial, like this one....

which I plan to mount on the rear screen at the top.

Yep, I will post pic's when done :)

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I have not.

pmsl

I have bought a different type of aerial, like this one....

which I plan to mount on the rear screen at the top.

Yep, I will post pic's when done :)

I hope your pics will be as thorough as your reversing camera one ;) fab! They made me feel very convinced about getting a cam, which I did :)

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Lol... I feel another 'How to' coming on :D
Hi Bog,

Have you any update? I have a Pioneer DD installed and wanted to get freeview. DD was installed by Impulse, and they are asking for a further £500 to purchase and install. Bit too procey, but may take that route if I have no alternative choice.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I've got one of the off eBay for £45...

Car Freeview Digital DVB-T TV Receiver Box - FV002 - Car DVD, XTRONS Car DVD, XTRONS Car DVD Player

Tested it with my cable and works well, now just need to install it properly when I get time :)
Bog, can you tell me what the USB cable and SD card slot are for please? I'm interested in one of these to use with your cable but it doesn't say anywhere on the advert. Did you manage the install and how is it all working? This thread is nearly a year old but the freeview boxes are still available on ebay for £50ish.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Hi Bog,

Have you any update? I have a Pioneer DD installed and wanted to get freeview. DD was installed by Impulse, and they are asking for a further £500 to purchase and install. Bit too procey, but may take that route if I have no alternative choice.

Thanks
Bog, can you tell me what the USB cable and SD card slot are for please? I'm interested in one of these to use with your cable but it doesn't say anywhere on the advert. Did you manage the install and how is it all working? This thread is nearly a year old but the freeview boxes are still available on ebay for £50ish.
Never got round to doing a how to, but quite simple to install :)

I have and a couple of other members have the FV002 (Car Freeview Digital DVB-T TV Receiver Box - FV002 - Xtrons.co.uk) which is very good for the money (Look on ebay)... I would say the antenna is the key. I have a 45db which is OK, but signal is a bit flakey on the outside of London, but fine in London. Works perfect in Europe though on the motorways, even at speed - I guess will be better when the analoge is turned off in the UK). I would suggest getting the highest db antenna you can (128db CAR FREEVIEW DIGITAL DVB-T ANTENNA AERIAL BOOST | eBay)

The USB/SD slot allows you to play AVI/Mpeg movies/music/photos :) and works well. My box is mounted under the centre console (It does not get hot when in use, just warm) with a USB extension lead running to the arm rest.

See here (sorry no pics of install :( )

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/1041178-post119.html

·
Premium Member
669 Posts

I have and a couple of other members have the FV002 (Car Freeview Digital DVB-T TV Receiver Box - FV002 - Xtrons.co.uk) which is very good for the money (Look on ebay)... I would say the antenna is the key. I have a 45db which is OK, but signal is a bit flakey on the outside of London, but fine in London. Works perfect in Europe though on the motorways, even at speed - I guess will be better when the analoge is turned off in the UK). I would suggest getting the highest db antenna you can (128db CAR FREEVIEW DIGITAL DVB-T ANTENNA AERIAL BOOST | eBay)

The USB/SD slot allows you to play AVI/Mpeg movies/music/photos :) and works well. My box is mounted under the centre console (It does not get hot when in use, just warm) with a USB extension lead running to the arm rest.

Great info THANKS!!!!:D

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
No, never! eew! Theres a few on here that feel the same way I do, better watch out! lol
I can vouch for him on that one....very tidy car.:cool:

Really easy to install just make sure you get the best antenna possible.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts