2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In response to the handbrake survey:

My car rolled back over 100m missing lamposts and parked cars, then across a front garden, then over a hard standing where there is normally a new RX8, then came to rest midway over some 5ft conifers with the wheels off the ground, which was lucky as the next obstacle was someones lounge wall ! Damage wasn't too bad, bodywork clipped back together, exhaust triangle dent and mounts broken, mesh damaged. Dealers estimate £350, but said handbrake was fine.
I approached Honda UK after receiving the letter and was contacted by an expert 2 days later, who said Honda would foot the bill.
Happy with the outcome, just so happens the car was already at the bodyshop having £1500 of repairs after being scraped by a lorry outside my house.
Bugger me, 2 accidents and I wasn't in the car, lol !
Pick up the car tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
If you have anything in writing from Honda UK, regarding them paying the £350 Ed Case, it would be good if you could post it, to help others on here.
Don't forget to fill in Pottsy's survey re: the handbrake issue.
Tis a s-d,- when not your fault, but glad you will soon be sorted mate.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Yes good result - and glad no-one was injured, that would have been terrible.

I'm amazed that dealer(?) said the handbrake was fine with a known issue like this....and I would have thought, it was very clear what the problem was?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts