2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Co-incidentally myself and a mate were both looking at CTRs before either mentioned it (for me it was an easy won battle between the Golf GTI and Leon Cupra), so we ended up getting them in the same week and here's a nice shot of them.

Something tells me he got the better deal with that lovely CW for the same price. Sorry about the flash blowout on the number plates.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Honda civic

I went out in my 2000 Golf GTI last night for the first time in a couple of weeks to test drive it for a buyer and it felt like a slug compared to the CTR.

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
I tell you what - there's tons of Champs about the place now. In the last month or two, it seems like so many people on the site have bought Type-R's in general too.

Nice set of whips all the same, look great together :cool:

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
Whips?... wow

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Very nice mate... He will only have got a better deal on the CW than you did on the Milano if you paid list price and he negotiated. If you negotiated well then I find it hard to believe he got the CW for the same price. I could be wrong though - but without prices its hard to know.

Do look stunning though... however I personaly prefer the Milano, not many people do, but I certainly do. I had the choice of both and went for the Milano too!! Enjoy it mate :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers all, yeah it was just over 17k for the GT without Satnav with iPod kit which seemed alright. There was some rangling but that's for him to tell. :D

Also I took the opportunity to look on their wall at how they were doing, if their board was right they had to sell 20% more stock in over half a month to hit that month's target, which fits what TypeRiter said about a lot being about in the last few months, selling very well.

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Cheers all, yeah it was just over 17k for the GT without Satnav with iPod kit which seemed alright. There was some rangling but that's for him to tell. :D

Also I took the opportunity to look on their wall at how they were doing, if their board was right they had to sell 20% more stock in over half a month to hit that month's target, which fits what TypeRiter said about a lot being about in the last few months, selling very well.
17k is not bad to be honest... how come you got the iPod kit when the new MY09 model have it all built in, and I can tell from the pic you got a MY09 one? If he got the CW brand new for 17k then that is definately a good deal, I could not get a dealer down to les than 18.5k ish for a White one, most were still a lot more than that.

Right I see... so you bought at the right time. Still prefer your Red one though, then again I am slightly biased!! :D

·
loving my black alloys :)
510 Posts
both look awesome.

Not sure i would have the CW, having white alloys would do my head in.

Black Alloys FTW

Dal

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just double checked and it closer to 17.5, convincing myself otherwise ;)

Yeah the iPod kit is a bit of a gripe, I posted in another thread about it, not worth having, but I didn't know this until I had it, at least I didn't pay for it. It's not even the case you can use it to charge two things at once because plugging anything into the iPod connector removes power from the USB connector until you restart the engine :s.

Still, happy with the result! I agree, I liked the red more than the others.

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
Sorry old chap, let us make that motor cars then, ey?

Xzibit - I wouldn't listen to him.. his music's pants, with perhaps a couple of exceptions..
lol, i used to work with a 'chap' who used that.. virtually every week he'd have a story that started with

"Myself and Debbie were out in the motor car at the weekend just gone and...
Revolver anybody?

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Just double checked and it closer to 17.5, convincing myself otherwise ;)

Yeah the iPod kit is a bit of a gripe, I posted in another thread about it, not worth having, but I didn't know this until I had it, at least I didn't pay for it. It's not even the case you can use it to charge two things at once because plugging anything into the iPod connector removes power from the USB connector until you restart the engine :s.

Still, happy with the result! I agree, I liked the red more than the others.
17.5k is still not bad mate... however I didn't pay too much more than that and got the SatNav+HFT, but with that said as long as you are happy with the price you paid then thats all that matters. All dealers are different etc... either way you have a smart motor and one to be proud of :D

Yeah bit of a pain re the iPod but it cost nothing... I never even knew the iPod connector will charge the iPod, therefore I was actually expecting battery drain. Good news there!!

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
Co-incidentally myself and a mate were both looking at CTRs before either mentioned it (for me it was an easy won battle between the Golf GTI and Leon Cupra), so we ended up getting them in the same week and here's a nice shot of them.

Something tells me he got the better deal with that lovely CW for the same price. Sorry about the flash blowout on the number plates.

View attachment 28958

I went out in my 2000 Golf GTI last night for the first time in a couple of weeks to test drive it for a buyer and it felt like a slug compared to the CTR.
i have been looking in trading my my08 R in for the cw R and have looked around at a few places and nowhere are they selling the cw R brand new for 17.5.....:rolleyes:

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
i have been looking in trading my my08 R in for the cw R and have looked around at a few places and nowhere are they selling the cw R brand new for 17.5.....:rolleyes:
£17.5 in addition to what he got for his original motor = £4-5k :worms:

:STIRRER: - :WORKISBORING: - :HOMETIMESOON: :D

I'm kidding, before/incase this gets bitchy :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Go on TypeRiter :) he is trying to pick on you :)

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
pick away if your hard enough....;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just got to convince him to keep the white wheels for a while, there's talk of black powder coating. I doubt we'll see another set of greens though (they look the nuts).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.