2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a lot of old threads and haven't seen these two crop up. I'm experiencing the following:

i) I've noticed that < 5 minutes into the journey a rattle comes from the plastic gear surrounding. If I hold down the silver trim it stops the rattle but a fair bit of force is required. However, after ~5 minutes it just goes silent. I'm puzzled. Is something "warming up" underneath?

ii) When accelerating hard and shifting between gears sometimes I'll hear little plastic ding / rattle (it kind of sounds like those metal doorstops you can twang backwards). Again it doesn't happen all the time but it is fairly frequent under heavy acceleration.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm sorry to hear you have some 'rattles', they can be very irritating and spoil the experience of a new car. The 10G Civic seems to have a whole host of quality issues in terms of rattles and noises whilst driving.

I have not had the issues you describe personally, but other may have?

If they are consistently occuring I would take it to your local Honda dealer and get them to take a look and they will I'm sure do anything they can to resolve the rattles for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts