2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much “should” i be paying for a 60/11 plate Type R with say 40-60K miles and otherwise good care history?

Been looking for close to 2 weeks, £9000 seems to be the price from dealers. Around £7000-£7500 from private sellers. Does this seem rightish?

Mainly going for the 60/11 reg ones since most are low/mid mileage + have LSDs. Rather pay the extra now so selling in the future is a bit easier, esp since it is my first Type R.

·
i-Vtec
2,806 Posts
It seems you can still pay up to £5k for an 08 so £7k + for 2010/11 seems about right, which is incredible.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I paid £8k from a dealer for my 59 plate a year ago. Full Honda history, 2 owners and 50k miles.
It felt expensive to me but there wasn’t much decent locally for me.
I don’t regret it, love the car

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you folks think of a 11 plate with 70k on the clock but full honda history? 1 MOT fail, rest were flawless. Banking it comes with the LSD, probably does considering reg. It is a bit far out but if I can strike a deal, is it worth it? It would most probably be like.. 95-100K ish upon sale, thats like to be a bit of a bother to sell won't it?

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
What do you folks think of a 11 plate with 70k on the clock but full honda history? 1 MOT fail, rest were flawless. Banking it comes with the LSD, probably does considering reg. It is a bit far out but if I can strike a deal, is it worth it? It would most probably be like.. 95-100K ish upon sale, thats like to be a bit of a bother to sell won't it?
You can't bank on it having a diff from the number plate alone - if the car was built before April 2010 and registered later you could be unlucky.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
I'll buy it from your when you're selling it.. For the right price of course

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll buy it from your when you're selling it.. For the right price of course

probably not since you're 300+ miles north lol. Besides its a red one which i cant make myself like no matter what. Looks like ready salted crisps packet which I despise.

heck were i near to scotland I'd probably be driving a nice shiny CW low miles right now :crying:

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
probably not since you're 300+ miles north lol. Besides its a red one which i cant make myself like no matter what. Looks like ready salted crisps packet which I despise.

heck were i near to scotland I'd probably be driving a nice shiny CW low miles right now :crying:
London to Edinburgh on the train takes 4 hours. Easy. Jump on a train, get it bought boom!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there I got mine with 57k on the clock some service history I paid £7750 my local honda dealer had an 11 plate with 18k on the clock for £11995

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,131 Posts
Buy a cheaper earlier one and chuck a diff in it. They're the same car! They're not worth stupid money now either.

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
I'd consider the Ep3 or Dc5, both are starting to creep up in value, and a worthy investment for the future

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
I'd consider the Ep3 or Dc5, both are starting to creep up in value, and a worthy investment for the future
[smilie=gt-happyup.:

There's a 60 plate Mugen 200 for £8,500 in Port Talbot, that's not far from the South of England :wink3:

·
Premium Member
126 Posts

Hi sold my fn 2011 well traded in got 7k with 35k on clock with a lot of extras and well looked after ,seen it back up for £8995

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
I'd steer clear of the Mugen 200, body parts are no longer available and replacements are near impossible

1 - 20 of 22 Posts