2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning all,
Just posted this in the 9th gen section so sorry about that! Mods can you please delete the other thread in there by any chance?! Sorry ha!

Anyway, long time since I've posted, I used to have a Type S GT a few years back, however I've moved back to the civics after a while in a Quattro A3! I currently have a Type R GT, non satnav, with the optional bluetooth (which only works for phonecalls).

Anyway to cut to the chase, I have an iphone 5, and a spotify account, and I'm looking for a way to stream my music, preferably via bluetooth to my stereo. I've been looking at the dension units, and the parrot asteroid units also. Does anyone have any experience with either of these (especially with spotify)? Basically in an ideal world I'd like to be able to change tracks etc by using the steering wheel controls/standard HU, and still keep a oem look to the dash (a reason why I'm not too keen on the parrot units as I don't really want loads of clutter on the dash).

I've also looked into fm transmitters, as I had one for my type s, but are there actually any good ones out there that you get decent enough sound from? Get the feeling there's gotta be a better solution than having one of these surely?

Any help anyone can give me who's had a similar issue would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Kev

·
Aaaaa...V-tech
626 Posts
hi mate

yeah i have the OEM bluetooth setup and that only allows calls sadly..although my pal had the Parrot MKi9200 kit in his type r and this does allow you to play spotify through it :thumbsup: he stuck his to the glass section where the sat nav normally is and it looked awesome ! you get a little wireless controller which he just kept in the centre concole but you can attach it anywhere its a total clutter free kit IMO

also why dont you just attach the iphone 5 USB cable to the USB socket in the arm rest? i use spotify 24/7 this is what i do and it works a treat! :D

hope this helps you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah okay cheers, a lot of people seem to be using the parrot devices, but not the new asteroid ones with apps etc (are they terrible or something? Ha!).

Unfortunately mine is on a 57, so there's no USB port or aux in, so I'm in a bit of a mess as to how I connect my phone up! Still confuses me as to how they omitted something like that on a car with so many other toys haha!

·
Aaaaa...V-tech
626 Posts
Ah okay cheers, a lot of people seem to be using the parrot devices, but not the new asteroid ones with apps etc (are they terrible or something? Ha!).

Unfortunately mine is on a 57, so there's no USB port or aux in, so I'm in a bit of a mess as to how I connect my phone up! Still confuses me as to how they omitted something like that on a car with so many other toys haha!
yeah well for peace of mind my pals was a 57 plate type r also so i assume this is why he went down the parrot route but he defo loved the setup and i thought it was good as well you get the little LCD coloured screen which looks the Dogs

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Id recommend the Xcarlink + get yourself an Apple 30pin-lightning adaptor. It works with spotify and the phone can be controlled on the steering wheel. I haven't got mine to charge, but that's only because my xcarlink cable has been broken for a while...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts