2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rightio I've seen a post about fuel costs etc and I'll be In The same boat as of Monday, 140 miles a day. I'm too issued about fuel cost as they pay me a bit to cover costs.

How ever I am a little worried about mileage, it has 60k on the clock now, I will be keeping the cat untill it concs out, ha

Can anyone let an insight into if the mileage will damage the engine? Or are they really so called bullet proof?

Has had anew clutch (warranty) already so that will be fine,

Cheers guys

·
Premium Member
20,382 Posts
have a look at tdis blog they stripped down a 140k (iirc) car used on track days and it was basically mint just using a little more oil than normal. i assume it will be mostly motorway driving so the engine will be fine. remember that the mileage will have a serious impact on the value of the car so i would suggest banking the additional monies for trade in time.

i assume the mileage allowance will be well over your actual fuel cost? remember you will have to service the car 3 times a year as well.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I've seen CTR's and S2000's that have done over 140k, the engines should last. What you need to consider is the retail price once you come to sell it. Me personally would buy a cheap Peugeot diesel for work and keep the CTR for weekends? I was covering 250 miles a week in mine and it was costing me £80 per week in fuel, a diesel car would half that in costs.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

It will al be motorway miles, and as i mentioned I will be keeping the car till it packs in, so not really in mind about the price afterwards,

I've thought of a cheap run around but by the time I have spend 600 pound on a runaround and then insured it, and what ever else goes wrong with it, I wouldn't be much better off,

I looked at a diesel and I would save £1.10 a day on my journey, donut would take a while to be in profit kind of thing,

What are the prices of servicing etc? For ones beyond 60k
?

Really apreciate the input

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apart from warranty what is the difference between servicing the car my self and dealer doing it,,

And of course value of the car, however with the miles on it I doubt this will have an effect ?

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
It's cheaper for a start :D Otherwise all i can think of is a diagnostic check, assuming you do the service to Honda spec.

Personally I'd do a gearbox oil change every 2 years instead of 4-5 years as Honda says.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
I’m using my fn2 at the moment as a company car.. until i choose my new one ... this week got my mpg up to 38mpg and got 200miles to half a tank! so not too bad...

Although the other guys bmw/seats are all up in the 50-60mpg range ... would you consider changing your car?

·
Registered
289 Posts
if you can keep the speed down then MPG is really quite good however doing 140miles per day at 60mph would get boring very quickly.

Im an IT engineer and use mine to visit the clients however i rarely need to rush (only on the way home :) ). I can clock up 400 miles in one week. Keeping the car in perfect condition is difficult.

My old celica 190 did 40MPG at 100MPH which i thought was very impressive. This was sold 3 months ago with 130K on the clock and still drove like new.

If you frequently change the oil these jap engines will almost live forever... i know of somebody who had almost done 300K on a rover 620i on the original honda engine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts