2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey up,

ok so after 6 months of daily use and clocking up 13k miles is my mind made up about using betty as a daily as planned.

Short Answer :- Hell yeh!

move from the Rocco GT
I miss a number of rocco items, none of which the civc has.
  • my 3rd paty audio setup
  • lower road noise
  • exhaust tone (oem VW)
Things i dont miss
  • DCS (go figure! i thought i would missing a comfort mode)
  • the roccos 6 speed manual (omfg fk2 CTR gearchange mmm)
suspension criticism FK2 faded after 6 month.
  • Once ive got used to it, im preferring the firmness and precision of the handling.
  • im subconsciously taking A roads and alternate routes home whenever chance arrives.
Things im loving
  • the extra BHP
  • the handling
  • the gear change!
  • the door led flashes and lock illumination combined with Loxys underlighting plug n play kit.
  • seating is so comfortable and plenty headroom, im 6 feet tall.
  • its funny how many times you lip read "oooh a type-r" on other drivers faces as they pass hahah
  • cars avoid it in supermarket carparks (so far how awesome is that!) except other civics ofc :D
  • the Type-R grin as you park it after driving it.
Driving miss daisy mode is possible easily and it is simply a firm civic when you need it to be.
R mode used rarely, for little giggle spurts still, not so much now its getting cold up here, been 3C already.

audio setup ive grown to accept and quite like, its a shame Honda dropped it at 4.04 but hey ho.
I may drop an amp and new rears in the doors at some point as i have some spare JBL stuff lying about, if i can be bothered :p

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
nice update (y)

Can't beat having something nice as a daily.
Yup plan was next year to buy one for my 50th but when this one popped up in spec I'd been hunting and waiting for, I bit early.

So glad I did. Wheel refurb n stone chips done for 50th instead. 🤣 Maybe move over to the ebc black vented/drilled disks all round at same time.

going to do the badges with proper replacement with red H front/back and use existing black background hopefully to match wheels. that plus the disks keeping the black/red/white combo going want to blacken rear pipes and dechrome it, leaving just the type R badge on rear, keeping red outside to minimum leaving just the GT stripes n R badge & replacement H badges in the spring.

·
Vendor
65 Posts
Yup plan was next year to buy one for my 50th but when this one popped up in spec I'd been hunting and waiting for, I bit early.

So glad I did. Wheel refurb n stone chips done for 50th instead. 🤣 Maybe move over to the ebc black vented/drilled disks all round at same time.

going to do the badges with proper replacement with red H front/back and use existing black background hopefully to match wheels. that plus the disks keeping the black/red/white combo going want to blacken rear pipes and dechrome it, leaving just the type R badge on rear, keeping red outside to minimum leaving just the GT stripes n R badge & replacement H badges in the spring.
If you need help finding parts, just give us a shout! Glad you're loving your new motor!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts