2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
iVTEC, do you?
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Looking to get the grille badge for my type-r, but as it is a red motor I don't think the side decals would look any good. any opinions/photos would be helpful.

As cox don't sell just the front badge, I have been on eBay. Do you think this is a genuine product?

http://bit.ly/MMgaD3

Cheers

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Hi Guys,

Looking to get the grille badge for my type-r, but as it is a red motor I don't think the side decals would look any good. any opinions/photos would be helpful.

As cox don't sell just the front badge, I have been on eBay. Do you think this is a genuine product?

HONDA CIVIC FN2 TYPE-R TYPER TYPE R GRILL BADGE EMBLEM | eBay

Cheers
That looks genuine to me, but check the sellers feedback to see if anybody was complaining!
However, I think the side decals do look well, even ona red car

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I just bought one on eBay for 9 squids and it is an exact replica of the one on the back looks awesome to. Word to the wise though I stuck it on with foam tape stuff like for number plates rather than tryin to pop open the grill cover as the poppers just break. It's rock solid and if someone decides to steal it they won't take the whole grill with them. Does take a bit of cutting with a hack saw just to saw off the screw bits but very easy and not noticeable once its on

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
I bought this 1 years ago and wasn't impressed you can't beat genuine tackle I'd buy the Honda set then sell the side decals someone on here will snap them up, I've the genuine set on mine just look at my build thread

·
iVTEC, do you?
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be honest, I am looking for an original. I just thought the above was a badge from the official kit.

Looking at 'r' kid robbo's car I think I am just going to stump up the cash and get the 60 quid one. If I go for a cheapo replica I am going to forever be thinking I have a knockoff attached to the front of my baby.... Regarding the side decals I think I need to see them in the flesh.

Little mods coming along... :) led side lights and red footwell lights on the way. The insurance company will only let me put official Honda upgrades on the car, I am glad I asked before I started on the bigger stuff.

·
768 Posts
To be honest, I am looking for an original. I just thought the above was a badge from the official kit.

Looking at 'r' kid robbo's car I think I am just going to stump up the cash and get the 60 quid one. If I go for a cheapo replica I am going to forever be thinking I have a knockoff attached to the front of my baby.... Regarding the side decals I think I need to see them in the flesh.

Little mods coming along... :) led side lights and red footwell lights on the way. The insurance company will only let me put official Honda upgrades on the car, I am glad I asked before I started on the bigger stuff.

Side decals look ace on any colour!

If I was you I'd look for a second hand grill badge(Can pick a second hand badge up for around £15-25 on here) and the decals can be found for about £5 on eBay.

I tried a 'fake' type-R badge & it was awful, truly disappointing, so I bought a second hand genuine one from eBay & some decals from eBay. :cool:

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I bought that badge from ebay in the original link. It's plastic & looks the same as the one on the rear (with the raised lettering) and the pins on the back fit perfectly through the grille holes unlike the metal ones in the second link for £9. I also got some replica side decals for about £5 fitted to my milano R, which I think do look good (although the "R" could do with being a tad darker shade of red if I'm being picky).

I'll try getting some pics later for you

·
iVTEC, do you?
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought that badge from ebay in the original link. It's plastic & looks the same as the one on the rear (with the raised lettering) and the pins on the back fit perfectly through the grille holes unlike the metal ones in the second link for £9. I also got some replica side decals for about £5 fitted to my milano R, which I think do look good (although the "R" could do with being a tad darker shade of red if I'm being picky).

Cheers mate....

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts

I disagree now I got mine over 3 years since so the supplier may have improved the badges the fit was top notch but I found the red R was well too dark I fitted it for a few months with tape because I wasn't totally happy it's just everytime I looked at it, it annoyed me so I eventually binned it but I always wanted a badge and eventually got a genuine set at good price on the forum IMO its got to be genuine, ego pet you've spent a lot of dosh on a nice motor don't skimp now but this is only my opinion I'm sure there's plenty of members happy with copies

·
iVTEC, do you?
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Robbo you are right.... I want an original. nee knock offs really wanted.

My question was on the side stickers. All the pic's i have seen, and it may be the photos do not do it justice. But the red of the "R" seems swamped by the red of the car.... Looks awesome on the silver though.

Ah, fork it..... I am going to buy them from my local dealer. They have just agreed to match cox motors price. £61... If the stickers still look odd, i will put em up for sale on here.

·
iVTEC, do you?
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Done, Cox motors have won my business... Badge and Decals on their way :)...

Next Question, what is the best way to attach the front badge? I have no issues taking the bumper and grille off, I am a dab hand at that now. But I did hear that one member had some scrotum try thieving the badge and nearly bust his grille in doing so....

Advice please, oh Gods of Civinfo!!!

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Robbo, you got a pic of your genuine one & side decals for comparisson? I'd not noticed the colour being off, but I bet I will now and it'll bug me and end up costing me £60 too. :facepalm:

The colour of the Decals bugs me only slightly

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Robbo, you got a pic of your genuine one & side decals for comparisson? I'd not noticed the colour being off, but I bet I will now and it'll bug me and end up costing me £60 too. :facepalm:

The colour of the Decals bugs me only slightly
No probs fella ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340370562.780890.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340370574.003241.jpg

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Cheers bud, the decal does look darker than mine as I thought. I'll check the grille one out later, but looks a lot lighter on first impressions

1 - 16 of 16 Posts