2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I filled up with petrol today and checked the oil as I usually do.

When I looked at the dip stick, i could swear that there were tiny bubbles in the oil on the dip stick.

Sounds odd I know but has anyone seen this before or have any idea what it could be?

I have checked my oil regularly since I bough the car and havent seen this before.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Water????????????

I purchased a 2002 DC5 with only 18k which had the same problem. It was water which had collacted due to being started up for very short intervals (ferry etc from Japan) causing condensation in the engine block. Flush and fresh oil and it never reappeared.

Might not be but sounds very similar to my problem in the past!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Definitely get this checked out ! ...

It does sound as if there has been water contamination in the oil ...

Could have happened at the last oil change - or (worse case) - the water jacket could leaking into the oil (cracked block \ head) !!! ...

I once had this on an old Opel Ascona ...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I havent added any oil since before the oil change. Looks like the contamination happened during the oil change at the dealer.

Will check the oil tomorrow and if the oil still has the little bubbles, will give the offending dealer a call to sort it out.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Hmm, this sounds very familiar. Checked the oil this weekend. Just backed the car out of the garage, let it stand a couple of minutes and then checked. Also had small bubbles, very very tiny, was wondering if it was some kind of dirt at first.

Guess i will have to go get this checked out to :(

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Checked mine again today after having been on a drive. No bubbles at all. Will continue to monitor it and maybe get it changed before winter sets in anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts