2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,just had type r written off ,cat c ,insurance co have delt with everything .non fault accident .i am now in position to settle up claim .car is still my property .and is waitin to be picked up from the body repair shop .will sort that out after new year.what I want to know is who are the best people to talk to on this forum regarding the scrap value of car.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
you shoud have had 2 prices from insurance company. 1 if they take the car and 1 if you keep the car. You may be able to sell on ebay or something as a repair case but to be the cost of type rs are so cheap now probs won't get alot of interest.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maybe use what car valuations? its not the scrap value you need is it, is it for what to expect off the insurance company?
No I've had car valuation from insurance co.they valued it at 7300 less the salvage cost which was 900 .it was a 57 plate with 50.000 miles .just wondering what scrap value would be. Have all docs from the tecreport co that assessed car all damage is on passenger side ( door ,piller and rear side .no other damage to car.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a Cw laid to rest [smilie=cwl.gif]it's not the one in the "was it you" section by any chance
No. This was in East Kilbride.old woman pulled out of junction on to main road.her statement to the police officer was. I could not see for the sun...?

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
No I've had car valuation from insurance co.they valued it at 7300 less the salvage cost which was 900 .it was a 57 plate with 50.000 miles .just wondering what scrap value would be. Have all docs from the tecreport co that assessed car all damage is on passenger side ( door ,piller and rear side .no other damage to car.
Ah i see, only thing i can suggest is ring a few scrappers see what they offer for it, i would of thought salvage cost would be more tbh.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to laugh but sun in Scotland ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know ,but the other comment was priceless.she said to me ,(well that's my Sunday plans are up in the air .the fact that I tried to avoid her was lost on her.if I hadn't she would have probably been in a fatality .the two old women in the back of her car were in there nineties.and we're taken to hospital

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I know ,but the other comment was priceless.she said to me ,(well that's my Sunday plans are up in the air .the fact that I tried to avoid her was lost on her.if I hadn't she would have probably been in a fatality .the two old women in the back of her car were in there nineties.and we're taken to hospital
Well the moral of the story is that you was ok the car can be replaced, where the two old women ok even though they was taken to hospital??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Pretty poor they've wrote it off for what I can see:confused:

But I suppose most of the price would have been parts.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Pretty poor they've wrote it off for what I can see:confused:

But I suppose most of the price would have been parts.
The damage to the car wouldn't of written it off. Looks like the seat and curtain airbags have gone off so that's the problem.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My sons going to speak to the Honda mechanic from East Kilbride.he has been recommended on this site a few times and I think he had a few projects on the go ,with rebuilds .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts