2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2007 Type R in Milano Red but after owning it for 5 years it's starting to get quite a few stone chips and I quite fancy a different colour and a slightly newer model, but just wondering what changed, if anything since the September 2007 (when mine was registered)? Would also like to get one full Honda Service history (mine does have FSH though) as I'm now realising that's really worth it when there's issues such as the rusty roof and squeaky clutch pedal.

After hunting around for a different car i.e. Golf GTI, Seat Leon etc, nothing seems to be as good as the Type R. I absolutely love mine. I even bought a 2004 Z4 for a bit of soft top fun and just couldn't part with the Type R!

Anyway, mine is pretty high spec including sat nav, front and rear parking sensors (which are amazing as they have a led display on top of the rear view mirror and display on the roof near the boot opening), MrBozo's automated folding mirror module, xcarlink so I can play audio via bluetooth. Tbh, I love all of those things so ideally would not like to be without any of them so it might mean just adding them to a new one that I buy.

Just didn't know if the newer ones i.e. 2009-2011 have anything new on them compared to the 2007 model? I think they have AUX in but anything else?

Might also test drive one with the Rage alloys although I'm thinking these may make the ride a little too harsh on the country roads where I live.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
2009 onwards have AUX and April 2010 onwards (manufactured, not just registered) have LSD as standard.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2009 onwards have AUX and April 2010 onwards (manufactured, not just registered) have LSD as standard.
Did any of these come with satnav? Can't seem to find any of that age with it.

Also, the Official Honda Used site is terrible. The spec for pretty much every car says it has LSD and SatNav, which they obviously don't!

As I mentioned I'd like to get one with FHSH but is there any benefit of getting an "Approved Used Honda" directly from Honda or am I just paying a premium for doing so.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Believe the spec was the same (choice of sat nav or not).
I also think 2009 onwards came with HIDs as standard too, you can tell if they do as there will be headlight washers.

The Honda approved used just means they did their multi-point check and comes with a 30 day exchange guarantee and possibly some sort of warranty.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Honda approved comes with a one year warranty/guarantee. Its not the same as the from new warranty but still peace of mind. You will pay for the privilege but worth waiting till you find a well looked after example.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It also gets USB and extra cigarette socket inside the centre console storage, indirect tyre pressure monitoring, subtle red led lights on the footwell as well as in the rear seats, LSD (on april 2010 onwards I think), civic logo on petrol cap.

I got mine from Honda approved and it came with one year warranty and 1 year AA full flagship breakdown cover.

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It also gets USB and extra cigarette socket inside the centre console storage, indirect tyre pressure monitoring, subtle red led lights on the footwell as well as in the rear seats, LSD (on april 2010 onwards I think), civic logo on petrol cap.

I got mine from Honda approved and it came with one year warranty and 1 year AA full flagship breakdown cover.

Hope this helps
Thanks for this. Sure does help.

Tbh, I think I'm going to put off this idea. I've been given a PX value of £4k for my 2007 GT with Sat-Nav, front-rear parking sensors and just don't think I can justify spending an extra £6k for one that's 3 years newer than mine and most don't even have the same spec i.e. sat-nav, parking sensors (which I've become used to).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for this. Sure does help.

Tbh, I think I'm going to put off this idea. I've been given a PX value of £4k for my 2007 GT with Sat-Nav, front-rear parking sensors and just don't think I can justify spending an extra £6k for one that's 3 years newer than mine and most don't even have the same spec i.e. sat-nav, parking sensors (which I've become used to).
Yeh you done the right thing, I was looking for a while and rarely came across one with the integrated satnav, it makes the cockpit look so much more sophisticated. And your parking senors sound very fancy not one that I have seen on the type r. I only have the rear parking sensors from Honda and they are not the best as the buzzer is located in the boot so you always have to turn down your music to hear it, you would expect it to be integrated with the stereo speakers at least. But anyway your car definitely sounds like a keeper. [smilie=gt-happyup.:

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeh you done the right thing, I was looking for a while and rarely came across one with the integrated satnav, it makes the cockpit look so much more sophisticated. And your parking senors sound very fancy not one that I have seen on the type r. I only have the rear parking sensors from Honda and they are not the best as the buzzer is located in the boot so you always have to turn down your music to hear it, you would expect it to be integrated with the stereo speakers at least. But anyway your car definitely sounds like a keeper. [smilie=gt-happyup.:[/quote]

I think I just need to give it a good clean and I'll love my car again. Always get like this when it look dirty.

Yeah, the parking sensors must have been something that one of the previous owners added on after as they really are the best ones I've seen. They look the same as this DPPK4 - Front & Rear Sensors - Front Dash Display with Rear Roof Display so I have one display on top of the rear view mirror and the other on the roof at the very back of the car. You can also turn off the beep so the front one I keep off all of the time and just look at the display when parking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That does look very impressive!! So envious now.

Yeh it always makes you like the car more when it has been cleaned and waxed, I especially like it when you go to petrol station at night and you see the paintwork glisten under the bright light, always puts a smile on my face (until a new FK2 type r pulls up next to you lol)

How did the Z4 compare to the Type R in terms of fun, handling and power delivery?

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How did the Z4 compare to the Type R in terms of fun, handling and power delivery?
It's completely different. I love the Type R for its handling and the way I feel as though I can throw it around bends and it just sticks, very responsive etc and the VTEC is always good fun.

The Z4 is fun in a different way. First of all it feels as though you're going quick all of the time, maybe due to the incredibly low seating position. Also, love having a soft-top. Also really notice the difference between front wheel and rear wheel drive. The initial pull on the Z is incredible (It's a 2.5 straight 6 engine).

Here they are :) (the Type R pic was taken a while back a) when it was clean and b) before I vinyl wrapped the roof with black gloss)

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
You considered a champ white edition? They do stand out a lot on the road, LSD is great for flooring it round round abouts, you can kind feel it pulling you around. Buy one with some mods for a bit more power and fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You considered a champ white edition? They do stand out a lot on the road, LSD is great for flooring it round round abouts, you can kind feel it pulling you around. Buy one with some mods for a bit more power and fun

Yeah, thanks. I have looked at the white one but they seem to be quite pricey and only 59 reg. I was really looking to get the last year of this generation.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,048 Posts
Championship white is just not worth the extra premium. It's the same car! Just get a LSD fitted to the gearbox.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Well that's your opinion, there's plenty of CW owners that are happy with their car and are happy to pay extra for a more exclusive car. They do stand out more and white is just a great colour these days, not just on an FN2 but other performance cars too - white works really well with the red type R badge and theme. So you're paying for a more exclusive car, even if the other differences are minor. They also hold their value better, M200s even more so. Although I did almost buy an M200 with full mugen kit on it, I wasn't bothered paying extra for alloys and mugen bumpers which I'd buy anyway. But I wouldn't say it's not worth it, they still hold their value and sell for 12k plus, and people still buy them.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I've got some great pics of NHB and Milano FN2s as you know, they can all look good. I personally don't like silver though , on any car. I find myself looking at 2015 plate nismo 370zs, again in white which is my favourite colour I think. I've never seen any mugen'd FN2s in person tbh, only standard ones.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,048 Posts
Well that's your opinion, there's plenty of CW owners that are happy with their car and are happy to pay extra for a more exclusive car. They do stand out more and white is just a great colour these days, not just on an FN2 but other performance cars too - white works really well with the red type R badge and theme. So you're paying for a more exclusive car, even if the other differences are minor. They also hold their value better, M200s even more so. Although I did almost buy an M200 with full mugen kit on it, I wasn't bothered paying extra for alloys and mugen bumpers which I'd buy anyway. But I wouldn't say it's not worth it, they still hold their value and sell for 12k plus, and people still buy them.

I own a CW DC2 and yes they do look nice. But as for the standard FN2 with LSD fitted, if you get the same driving experience as the CW one but for THOUSANDS less. It's no brainer. CW ones are dropping in line with normal FN2s. You just save that money on purchase that you'd normally gain with a higher resale value on the CW one. Win win.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Well as I said, you're entitled to your opinion. And it's somewhat valid, as is mine against buying an M200 for the same reasons. For me it's not worth the extra money. But ultimately it's down to your personal preference, and I and many other CW owners bought a CW fully aware that it's more expensive. But I don't regret that decision and now Ive got a CW Id rather not have a regular colour. Also I think many FN2 owners would trade their FN2 for a CW if it wasn't for the fact is was more money and probably out of their budget at the time. If the CW wasn't more desirable than other colours then it would have dropped to the same value - but generally speaking, and with you being an exception, they are more desirable.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts