2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm currently at a juncture, between going down the colour coding route, or getting myself second-hand Type R kit and modifying it so it fits my five door.

I think the Type R kit will work out slightly cheaper in the long run, so if I want to go down that route, what parts do I need to complete the conversion?

I'll start with what I think is the obvious ....

Front Splitter.
Rear Splitter.
Arches.
Side Skirts.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Hey,

I'm currently at a juncture, between going down the colour coding route, or getting myself second-hand Type R kit and modifying it so it fits my five door.

I think the Type R kit will work out slightly cheaper in the long run, so if I want to go down that route, what parts do I need to complete the conversion?

I'll start with what I think is the obvious ....

Front Splitter.
Rear Splitter.
Arches.
Side Skirts.
Mate check out my build thread.mynes a 3 door though.

Reactions: Saint2K

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had a look at your thread, looking good mate.

Just to check, is the front and rear splitter a direct fit from the CTR to my 5 door?

As far as I can see, it's just the skirts that need modifying to close the gap between the door and the skirt?

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Hi Saint2k
I am currently collecting parts for my 5dr Type R conversion.
You will need:
Front Splitter
Rear Splitter
Wheel Arches
Side Skirts (modified if you want gap between body and skirt closed, cannot see with door shut though)
Exhaust Triangles
Rear Reflectors if your splitter doesnt come with them

Apart from the skirts its a pretty much straight swap.
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Rear Spoiler also :p

Edit: I see you already have one :)

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Saint2k
I am currently collecting parts for my 5dr Type R conversion.
You will need:
Front Splitter
Rear Splitter
Wheel Arches
Side Skirts (modified if you want gap between body and skirt closed, cannot see with door shut though)
Exhaust Triangles
Rear Reflectors if your splitter doesnt come with them

Apart from the skirts its a pretty much straight swap.
Good luck!
Awesome stuff, thanks.

How far along ar you with your collecting? :)

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Hopefully have a deal struck up for arches if I get those I will only need side skirts as well :)
I am making my own rear reflectors, may do a few sets to help other members out as Honda prices are ridiculous!

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
No worries mate, are you short of some?

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Cool will let you know when I make some, there is a guy on here who does them for about £15 I think but I dont really want to pay that much haha (cheapskate me!)

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Think he's in the traders section have a look! :)

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Most people selling Type R splitters are upgrading to a GP Pack from what I can see, and the reflectors are transferred onto these I would imagine as opposed to paying nearly £40 each from Honda!

Take a look on geemacs thread he has lots of bits, I want his skirts but I am struggling to find the cash :( if you get in quick you might get some bits away!

Reactions: geemac

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Most people selling Type R splitters are upgrading to a GP Pack from what I can see, and the reflectors are transferred onto these I would imagine as opposed to paying nearly £40 each from Honda!

Take a look on geemacs thread he has lots of bits, I want his skirts but I am struggling to find the cash :( if you get in quick you might get some bits away!
I'm after milano red, as not wanting to get any stuff I buy resprayed, but I'll take a wee look!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.