2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys! Had my shiney new Type R today. Well strictly speaking it's not mine, it's my Dad's company car but i'll be driving it so as good as! Looks the business, i've got a Fiesta ST myself and i must admit the Civic shames it when they're parked next to each other. Can't wait to take it for a spin on my favourite A road! I was wondering a couple of things however. It's the GT pack, so should that be full leather seats? What Car? mag reckon it is, but it isn't in mine, it's the alacantara bucket seats. Also, it hasn't got the Type R side and front logo option so i was wondering where i could get a front grille type R badge? I think it sets it off nicely and I want people to know i'm coming!

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Welcome aboard Cheeks (and your Dad if he is lurking :wink:)

Unfortunately What Car are, well just plain wrong, I'm afraid - no UK Spec Type Rs come with leather :(
(in fact don't think any non-UK spec ones do either, but stranger things have been known!)

R side and front logos are an extra cost item (and not cheap either!)

There are several friendly dealers on here who do them at virtually cost price - but still not the cheapest of items :(

We also have a couple of members who can do the side (and rear) R stickers - I have Conrad 67's Type D versions on mine :)

right then, that's your questions sorted - let's have some pics! :D:D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi Guys! Had my shiney new Type R today. Well strictly speaking it's not mine, it's my Dad's company car but i'll be driving it so as good as! Looks the business, i've got a Fiesta ST myself and i must admit the Civic shames it when they're parked next to each other. Can't wait to take it for a spin on my favourite A road! I was wondering a couple of things however. It's the GT pack, so should that be full leather seats? What Car? mag reckon it is, but it isn't in mine, it's the alacantara bucket seats. Also, it hasn't got the Type R side and front logo option so i was wondering where i could get a front grille type R badge? I think it sets it off nicely and I want people to know i'm coming!

Thanks in advance.
My last car was a Fiesta ST. The Civic is a lot better put together and has more toy's except for the multidisc cd player and heated front screen the ST has.

I also think the type R is much quieter except when on VTEC...................
It also rides better as the ST tended to be a bit to firm on rough road serfaces, this was probably down to the narrow side walls, as I have A Type R GT on 18's the bumps tend to be absorbed better than in the fiesta, that is one reason I did not go with the 19 Rage wheel.

Take it easy to start with as the civic is a different more grown up ride, in my opinion, although the performance is far superior to the fiesta. Enjoy.....:)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
the CC tax will be murder on a R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts